If every day were like today you'd weigh...

Options
2»

Replies

• whalertly
    Options
    fitterpam,
    I don't think that it is calculated. I have two accounts, same info, but one exercises daily per setup and the other doesn't. same calculations and expectations
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wondering how accurate the statement at the close of daily food tracking is. Some days per the statement I'll weigh 8 lbs less in 5 weeks other times I'll weigh 0.5 lbs less.

What has your experience been? A bit frustrating for me to think that I'm working hard for only a .5 lb loss in 5 weeks.

I absolutely adore that little statement when I stick my final food tally in! Ironically, I didn't notice it for two whole weeks when I first joined this site!

Personally, I have found that it has been quite accurate for me, actually I remember a few weeks back, it said something along the lines of "If every day were like today you'd weigh 165lbs in five weeks" - come five weeks later, I was actually at 161lbs! At the moment I am at 153lbs and if I exercise and stick my final food tally in it says "If every day were like today you'd weigh 142lbs in five weeks"! If I do NOT exercise, it will say I will be something around the 148lbs mark.

It all depends on if it is an exercise day or not and if you have eaten your exercise calories or not, or if you have eaten a few etc.

I think it is fascinating!
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wondering how accurate the statement at the close of daily food tracking is. Some days per the statement I'll weigh 8 lbs less in 5 weeks other times I'll weigh 0.5 lbs less.

What has your experience been? A bit frustrating for me to think that I'm working hard for only a .5 lb loss in 5 weeks.

It would be frustrating because if it's only a .5 lb loss in 5 weeks it means that you're eating too much for a loss. It says it just like you put in the Topic line: If every day were like today. If you have a crappy day of eating, doing that for 5 weeks would be a crappy amount of weight loss.

The only way to see if it were accurate is to actually eat every day the same (or close). What I was curious about is if it takes anything other than calories into account. I mean, if I'm within on calories but waaaay over on sodium, I have a feeling that it doesn't account for water weight gain. I don't really pay attention to the number anyway since every day is different. I don't eat the same stuff I ate 5 weeks ago, lol.
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

It would be frustrating because if it's only a .5 lb loss in 5 weeks it means that you're eating too much for a loss. It says it just like you put in the Topic line: If every day were like today. If you have a crappy day of eating, doing that for 5 weeks would be a crappy amount of weight loss.

The only way to see if it were accurate is to actually eat every day the same (or close). What I was curious about is if it takes anything other than calories into account. I mean, if I'm within on calories but waaaay over on sodium, I have a feeling that it doesn't account for water weight gain. I don't really pay attention to the number anyway since every day is different. I don't eat the same stuff I ate 5 weeks ago, lol.

Now this makes sense. I think you hit the nail on the head! I completely agree with everything here. I have days when I'm not on my best behavior and it gives me a five week weight that seems disappointing. But I'm not going to eat like that everyday for five weeks. Then on good days it is much closer to what I think I could achieve. The day before yesterday it said I would weigh 208. Right now I'm 216. So that's about right. That's almost 2 pounds a week.

Also, I don't believe it takes anything into account other than calories. The rest is just for your reference. I have a hard time not going over on sodium and I know I should drink more water to off-set that. But I hardly ever fill up my cup. I'm sure I would lose more if I did. It keeps me aware of what I'm eating. That works for me.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    i don' pay much attention to it either because every day is never going to be the same for 5 weeks straight so its an average of all the days, i'm certain you will loose more than.5lbs in five weeks. :D
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It seems to do it's calculation based only on that one days Calories. If you have a bad day and eat a lot of junk, it'll say that you'll weight 10 lbs more in 5 weeks. The next day result can be 10 lbs less.
    It's a toy just for amusement but if you rigidly adhere to your plan and eat the same amount of Calories every day, it's predictions should be right. Many people seem to have tested it (me included..). In my case it was about 2 pounds off but I'm not so regular..