Walking

Options
124»

Replies

• Livdoesketo
    Livdoesketo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    All I do is walk, I got a fitbit so I can track my calories in/out better with MFP. I hate normal exercise and I've got hereditary bad knees so the gym was always tricky. Down 28lbs since I re-started my weight loss, 52lbs in total.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've lost almost all the weight I have from walking. I have started cycling now so the latest 2-3 pounds are from that, but walking certainly works.
    I started with short, slow-ish walks and gradually increased distance and/or speed. My average is around 17-18 mins per mile and I try to do 3-4 miles a day if I'm not going out on my bike.
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    I love walking ; I started 15 minutes every day that is all I could do and now I walk 5 to 10 Km 3 times a week is a fantastic way to loose weight and to relax and build your endurance !
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Weight LOSS is about what you eat, not your exercise....but if you really want to get fit, you'll probably need to do something more eventually....:ohwell:
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Walking is so great! I lost 20 lbs with that and tracking what I am eating. I also try to take the stairs whenever I can. Even just going up and down my stairs at home. I am away from home 13-14 hours M-F for work and commute so not much time for exercise. Last summer I decided to start walking the miles of skyways in my downtown where I work during my lunch.

Good luck!
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have downgraded the Leslie sansone 5 mile walk and started it yesterday. I want to know how many calories I am burning. I plan on getting some ankle weights to add to the program.