Replies

• r69hammer
    r69hammer Posts: 7
    Options
    I want this!!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mini PIzza's are so tasty! Gosh I haven't made one for a long time, I'm hungry and I don't have any :sad:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I have an English muffin-top. Wish I knew what to do with that. :blushing:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Use them as knee pads.

englishmuffin_zps23df31e2.jpg

^^Or get your photo taken with them.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Good-quality sardines? A teaspoon of warmed up pesto?
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I make mini pizzas at least once a week. So low cal since you only use 1/2 the muffin for each one. I like green peppers and olives on mine. You can even throw in some pepperoni if you want since it only takes a couple slices to cover the muffin.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have made turkey burgers and used an english muffin instead of a bun.

OMG, LOVE this idea!
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    I need some new ideas for what to do with my English Muffins. I mostly use them for breakfast, but have also used them to substitute for bread in sandwiches, as it helps me portion control. I've made a PB, honey and Banana sandwich, french toast, BLT, and an egg breakfast sandwich.

I'm curious as to how English Muffins are a substitute for bread.

Because they're not actually MUFFINS... they're like little round, holey pieces of bread... lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    top each half with a little tuna (mixed with plain yogurt), sprinkle some shredded cheese on them. Toast in oven.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    They make great mini-pizzas. Toast, top with pizza sauce and cheese (and whatever toppings you like), then broil until cheese is bubbly.

Sounds yummy!
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I need some new ideas for what to do with my English Muffins. I mostly use them for breakfast, but have also used them to substitute for bread in sandwiches, as it helps me portion control. I've made a PB, honey and Banana sandwich, french toast, BLT, and an egg breakfast sandwich.

Because they're not actually MUFFINS... they're like little round, holey pieces of bread... lol

Right. "holey pieces of bread..."

I've decided to use Jif as a substitute for peanut butter.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    use tomato paste instead of pizza/marinara sauce.....throw on grilled eggplant & parmesean, fresh basil, YUM! Pick any ethnic theme & go with it....spanish, italian....jewish:) good stuff!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I toast them, put cream cheese on them, and then make a turkey, cheese, tomato and chive sandwich.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    my main uses for english muffins :)

avocado and egg sammies
    chicken burgers
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    AGREE WITH THE EGG AND AVOCADO! A friend introduced me to this! So, so good :)
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They make great mini-pizzas. Toast, top with pizza sauce and cheese (and whatever toppings you like), then broil until cheese is bubbly.

Oh this sounds yummy!!! I am going to try this.
    Thanks!!

Me too! Mmm!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    toast, top with avocado, tomatoes
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

I think you've confused muffins with crumpets.:ohwell:

A muffin is torn in half (don't cut it, it ruins the texture) before toasting, a crumpet is a single serving (and has holes in it). Also a muffin is very similar in texture to bread, whrea a crumpet is chewier.

I wouldn't call it a substitute for bread, more an alternative (like a bread roll is an alternative to slices from a loaf). Just like chicken is an alternative to steak, but a mushroom is a vegetarian substitute (if you get my english pernickitiness).
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    google up some recipes...

I am curious why you would even ask this? It's like you're trying to eat them often. Why? did you buy a 6 month supply? If you don't want to eat them don't buy them.
    I do eat them often, and I LOVE them... hence looking for other ways to incorporate them. I'm not a big bread type of person, so finding more ways to use this one "bread" item I like just seems smart.

I have tried googling it before, it's how I got the french toast recipe, but, getting healthier, delicious recipes from real people is a route I prefer, plus now they are all compiled into one thread i can refer back to often.

To the person asking if I use a whole grain version, I do, it's Aunt Millie's brand. They're so delicious, soft, fluffy, and perfect size ^_^
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because english muffins are bread.