What delicious, amazing, sinful treat did you turn down?

Options
classycouture
classycouture Posts: 888 Member
This morning I walked into the kitchen at work and GASP, there it was... Beautiful, moist, frosted, everything I could want and more, Apple Spice Cake. As I longingly gazed at the wondrous delicacy, my mouth started to water and I started to move closer. Right as I was about to indulge in the ambrosia, I thought to myself, "Self, you must resist! Be strong!" So instead, I opted for a boring, plain, non-frosted, non-spiced gala apple and hightailed it out of there! It hurts, and there are two pieces left. I am just praying they are gone by lunch time!

What have you painfully turned down recently?

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I mean, I turn down things all the time that I like, but I could do without. But if it's my absolute favorite, like if someone offered me a mini turtle cheesecake from the bake shop down the street, you bet your *kitten* I'd either a.) eat that sucker and plan the rest of my food accordingly or b.) if I'm done eating for the day, save it for the following day when I could eat that sucker and plan the rest of my food accordingly!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...you should've eaten a piece, then you wouldn't still be obsessing about it;)
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

What have you painfully turned down recently?

Giant natural freckled boobs. Still crying about it. :sad:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I actually want it, then I'm having it. Calories be damned. I turn down NOTHING.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If I actually want it, then I'm having it. Calories be damned. I turn down NOTHING.

^^^ This especially if I feel I'm going to agonize over it,I just have a smaller piece of it,this is a lifestyle change and it does no good to deny yourself the good things in life :smile:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...you should've eaten a piece, then you wouldn't still be obsessing about it;)

Eating everything everything I wanted just so I wouldn't obsess over it is how I gained 20lb.

Will power is how I've almost shed 20lb.
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    I wouldnt say it was "painful" but they are hard to resist. DONUTS, twice this week people have brought them into work... But I have stayed away each time. Now, if it was a cupcake from Mimi's (a little business here) I dont think I would be as strong!!
  • damiend1985
    damiend1985 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Beer on a hot sunny day here in Eire!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Oreo cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory... I think I deserve a medal.

:cry:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

^^^ this says it all
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

^^^ I usually live by this, but that cheesecake would have been my daily calorie intake for like... 3 solid days. Hahaha.
  • classycouture
    Options

Eating everything everything I wanted just so I wouldn't obsess over it is how I gained 20lb.

Will power is how I've almost shed 20lb.

Exactly haha. Trust me, I don't like to turn things down, but apple spice cake at 8 am on a Friday morning needs to be slightly regulated haha!
  • classycouture
    Options
    Oreo cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory... I think I deserve a medal.

:cry:

You most definitely do! That is not easy :flowerforyou:
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I'm pretty sure I've eaten everything in sight lately.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Ironically, I'm sad when I get to work and no one has brought cakes or donuts or pie for me to nom nom nom.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options

^^^ I usually live by this, but that cheesecake would have been my daily calorie intake for like... 3 solid days. Hahaha.

LOL! Sometimes we do have to set limits... :)
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Today is National Doughnut Day and every doughnut shop is giving away free doughnuts. Thank goodness DH said we don't need them, because that would be hard to resist...
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    These are neither delicious or amazing looking to me. But I did manage to turn them down at work today.

2vxgkmf.jpg
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I turned down cake and ice cream at the office. Any time someone leaves, we get cake and ice cream. I really wanted it. But I knew the cake was going to be just lame grocery store cake and I'd be disappointed if I did eat it - and then I'd have to atone for those stupid, lame tasting calories. I can also have ice cream any time I want, so why have it at work?

I should totally bake a cake soon. Then I'd get to have some much better tasting cake that would be worth it :)
  • thatgirl1978
    Options
    every Friday my boss brings us muffins and donuts, but because he loves me he brings either a fruit tray or veggie tray now too :)