Anyone have only 15-20 lbs to lose??

Options
Looking for friends who have to lose the same amount as I do
a lot of my current friends have higher goals, so is discouraging to me to see huge weight losses when it seems I'm going at a snails pace. My fiance keeps telling me that the more you have to lose, the faster it will initially come off, however it still is discouraging.

I initially had 30 to lose and so far have lost 15. I'm 5'4... looking for someone with similar goals so that I can compare how I'm losing against someone else who has the same goal! :)

Replies

• cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have about 10-15 lbs I'd like to lose. I'm definitely often discouraged by the slow progress when I see others losing so quickly.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 or more to lose.
  • chollands29
    chollands29 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose somewhere around 10 pounds and get toned up. Feel free to add me if you want. I'm 5'6
  • littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 12 more pounds to go...I get that it's frustrating to see other people lose a lot quickly when it takes like 2 weeks to see change with less weighty goals
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I now only have about that much to lose. Friend me if you'd like.
  • shaney13
    shaney13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started with 18 pounds to lose and am down 8 pounds after 4 months of eating right and exercising 6 days a week! (My ticker is only since I joined MFP) I know it can be VERY frustrating but the slower it comes of the less likely you will regain it. Hang in there and feel free to add me!
    I'm 5'7 and 35 yo F.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    5'4 - About 15 lbs to lose - Feel free to add me :)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4" and need to lose about 15lbs more.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have actually just decided that yesterday was the last day of my cut, and I am slowly transistioning to a muscle building diet. So my goals are vastly different from yours. However, I initially had about 25 to lose, but about 20 when I started MFP (I lost around 5 over the course of four months of exercising and just "eating healthier" without tracking). I averaged just under about a pound a week since being on here (just under 18 lbs in 19 weeks). So it happens slowly. Just stick with it and trust the process.
  • joydoncheski
    joydoncheski Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same as you, I started out with 30 to lose, lose 15 on my own and got stuck that's when I joined MFP to lose the last 15. It is so discouraging, those last few lbs, I lose a fw then gain a few over and over again despite logging my food and exercising 6 days a week. (I alternate between cardio and strength training) then I see folks who walk 1 mile every other day losing 1-2 pounds a week. I realize they have more to lose, but it doesn't make it any less discouraging.
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm 5'5" and looking to lose my last 20 lbs. I've just come out of a looooooong plateau, so it's nice to know I can still actually lose weight! Weird how my first 40lbs came off so easy, or perhaps my memory is faulty and it only feels easy now even though it was only over the course of last year. The previous 10lbs was a little slow to come off and then I stalled for months. Now, I think the trick is to be mega strict about my calorie logging and trying to eat whole foods mainly. Also, pushing my exercise always instead of just 'doing enough'. Always working as much as I can.
  • Heidi_11913
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! :) Will be nice to have some friends who have the same weight loss goals as myself to kind of keep track of how I'm doing compared to others! :)
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    A couple of us who have 10lbs to lose started a group. Feel free to join, even if you have a bit more. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14061-melting-the-last-10lbs

My goal is just 5lbs away, but I may do another 5-10 after that. OP and anyone else, feel free to friend me. :)
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking to lose the 10lbs I've put on in the last six months and then the real challenge - learning how to MAINTAIN a steady weight and finally stop all this yo-yoing. Feel free to add me :)
  • Sweet_as_Cocoa
    Options
    Im trying to lose 20 - 25 pounds as well. I'm 5'1 and I know what you mean about friends who have way more weight to lose!
  • skeeds
    skeeds Posts: 33
    Options
    Me! I'm hoping to lose 10 to 15 lbs over the course of this summer, with 20 being my ultimate goal. I'm close to your height -- 5' 5". I don't have many buddies on here (mostly used the phone app before this) so I'd love to connect with others.
  • mwilcox1
    mwilcox1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I would love friends on my phone app! I have been doing the 30 day shred for one week with 3 lb lost, but I'd like to lose 15-20 more. I'm also 5'4. I'm not sure how to add people, so could yall add me? I'm going to have to figure out how to use this app tomorrow!
  • louloulou
    louloulou Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'6, 140 lb, looking to loose 10 lb. Feel free to add me
  • raechambers88
    raechambers88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult to stay motivated when the numbers just trickle by...I'm looking to lose 20lbs. I'm 190lbs and 5'7".
  • aportraitofinsanity
    Options
    I only have 14 pounds to lose now, but gosh it's beginning to get harder trying to lose the pounds.