most awesome habit of significant other (past or current)

Options
124»

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    She puts the seat up for me.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I do this most of the time. However I am the only sitter with 4 standers around. It's only fair.

His most awesome habit is staying in bed until right before I leave so he's not in my way in the morning. I would hate to have to share the bathroom while getting ready.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks. He cooks basically every night and makes the most amazing soups/sauces and gravies ever.

Also he bathes the children basically every day.

Not exactly habits but awesome awesome stuff.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    He makes me laugh every day. Sometimes, on purpose.
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention that my man absolutely LOVES giving Australian kisses :love: And is umm.. good at other unmentionables :wink:
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend still holds the door open for me every time we get into the car and most of the time we get to the apartment (the only exception is if we both have our arms full with groceries.. then I'm on my own). He cooks most nights because i fail in the kitchen and never complains. He will always go to the grocery store with me and run errands even if its just something I need for myself.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My husband takes care of me, no matter what I ask he will do it. I don't even have to ask and he does it. He cooks 99% of the meals and is such an amazing cook. He will do the sweeping around the house (because I hate it). He is my rock and my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better man and many times I wonder how did I get so lucky :love:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    He brings me coffee in the morning and makes my bed, and does little things like put a new shampoo bottle out if he sees I'm almost out.:flowerforyou:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    There are too many to list, but to start, he loves to cook for me and he's an awesome cook. He loves to snuggle and every single night he spoons me while I fall asleep.

He leaves me notes by my coffee pot several mornings a week telling me how much he loves me and how lucky he feels to have me as his wife.

We've been married for 21 years and we still laugh together. We get each other and he is my love of my life.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love that he tells me when he eats all of something so that I can make a note to get more of what ever it is, I love that. That and he takes care of me :) and lets me take care of him
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    !. He doesent care if i cook

2. He has bought me so many tools to help in my fitness journey knowing how much i want to succeed.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    The past is the past. I say leave it there.
    No matter what his good qualities were, he turned out to be a douche.
    Gets no credit.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    The past is the past. I say leave it there.
    No matter what his good qualities were, he turned out to be a douche.
    Gets no credit.

Best reply of the thread.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    He has a short memory, so doesn't remember if I have offended him - AND we get to make new memories All the time! YAY! When I remind him of this or that, he gets this sweet look on his face as I describe the various things.

He cuddles me EVERY morning before he gets out of bed, complete with 2 alarms. One to actually wake him, the other to tell him it's time to stop cuddling me and get out of bed.

When he doesn't work, he brews the coffee and makes breakfast when I don't have a long run scheduled.

He treats my kids with kindness and generosity.

He honors me with his words, even when I'm not around.

He accepts me, and the fact that I love babies - and says nothing when I am covering another volunteer in the nursery at church (either for a whole service, or part of one) even when I'm not scheduled.

He is good at fixing things. Okay, WAY better than good!

my Darling is completely self sufficient, But lets me do things for him, too, since that is part of how I show love.

Some times he lets me play with his tools... Like when asked if I could use his chain saw to trim a bush even though I had run a half marathon a couple hours before, or when he let me use his saw to trim his fruit trees even though I was in my night dress and barefoot (LOL).

It never matters where we are, if I want him to hold me, he does. Every time.

I feel so blessed that we crossed paths and connected in this way while we're both still relatively young and have lots of life left in us!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I got it!. . oh. . wait. .no. .never mind. . hmmm. .
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    He vacuums and steam cleans the carpet.
  • MarisaDLS2
    MarisaDLS2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    He has always loved and accepted me for who I am, has never tried to change me.

He never has an unkind thing to say about anyone, he never swears (I swear a blue streak).

He always looks for the good in everyone, he has the kindest, purest heart of anyone I know.

He has always been an incredible father and husband.

He has always had healthy lifestyle habits, keeps very active, eats healthy, doesn't smoke or drink
    (in spite of family hx of alcholism).
    He is 61 and looks in his late 40s.

He is a brilliant person and incredibly intelligent (he's a professor at university here), but not a snob about it.
    I learn things from him constantly. He never bores me.

I'm going to end this post, it could go on ad infinitum.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My husband always is willing to take care of our son so I can do school or surf the internet and have me time. He is really great about that. He also is very faithful and I am never worried that he would cheat on me. He is kind as well, not a mean bone in his body towards me.
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My husband is an amazing father. The kind I wanted when I was a child. He's also VERY slow to anger with me. I have backed into vehicles, made stupid mistakes in the checking account, forgotten to pick up dry cleaning, said something dumb... He rarely ever gets angry with me. His usual response is, "You didn't mean to do it, sweetheart. Don't be so hard on yourself." He is truly my best friend and always has my back. I could type a huge paragraph on this subject... LOL!