How do you have your avacado?

Options

Replies

• MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use them however I can (hell, I'll eat it with a pinch of salt, I love them). If you have a sweet tooth (brownies in particular), replace any oil/butter with avocado.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't like plain avocado, but I've always loved guacamole.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Salads, guacamole, deviled eggs, omlettes, straight out of the skin. Avocados are great, but maybe if you don't feel well eating them you are allergic to them? I have a friend who is.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Next to scrambled eggs, in place on mayo on a roast beef sandwich, straight up chunks with Mrs Dash chipotle seasoning or fiesta lime
  • Running_Tanya
    Running_Tanya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I add a little mustard and chili pepper and eat it out of the shell.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    salt and white distilled vinegar and scoop it out with a spoon... mmmmmmmmmmm eating one now lol
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I love avocado! Sometimes I mix it with lettuce, cucumber, lime and add a little salt. Or mixed with broiled eggs, add chopped onions (I don't like onions but mixed with these taste good) you can also put some lime.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm a texture person, so I like mine cut up in chunks rather than mashed. My fave way to eat them is broiled with a little lemon or lime juice an shredded parmesan on top... OMG, it's so good.

I also cut into chunks and serve with grilled chicken chunks.
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In a wheat tortilla with pepper
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Yeah - if your really don't like them, don't eat them. I hate milk and cream and I'll be damned if I'll eat either of those even though the doctor is saying I must. There are other sources of calicum and fat. With that said - I like my avocado in my smoothy - can't taste them at all. And I found a really good looking ice cream recipe made with avocado that I can't wait to try. We eat them on salads, fish, as gucamole, and plain.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I make home made guac quite a bit- just mash up the avocado, add a spoon full of sour cream (though I prefer nf plain greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute), diced tomatoes, diced onion, salt, and lime juice. SO GOOD.

I also put slices of it on sandwiches, or dice it and put in on salad or in soup. Or just eat it plain. But I love avocados, and my husband and I eat them all the time. One thing I learned on pinterest is spread it on a piece of toast, top with sliced strawberries and a bit of chevre, feta, or goat/sheep cheese of your choice. OMG it's like eating heaven.

BUT if you don't like them, then don't eat them! You don't have to, you know. Just eat foods that you like, and weight loss (and life in general) will be much more enjoyable!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I cut that sucker in half, then slice and put on a warm corn tortilla with some salt and eat me some avocado tacos. I also like putting them in my hamburgers. Guacamole is good, but I'm too lazy to whip it up. I'm fine just slicing and eating it.

eta: Honestly, I can eat them with anything. It's such a versatile fruit.
  • katgees
    katgees Posts: 11
    Options
    I just made a wrap with barbecued chicken breast (leftover), lettuce, tomato, sour cream and avocado.

Mixing avocado with a lot of other flavors and textures hides it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    With salt and a spoon!

Its not a requirement though...if you don't like it, don't eat it!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you would eat something that hurts your stomach??? but I LOVE avocados and eat them anyway I can, on or with other foods or just plain with a dash of salt :)) YUMMMMMM!!!!!!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    try cutting it into little pieces, chop up some cucumber to mix it with and add in some little mozzarella balls. It's the bomb! Perfect side dish to a meal or just as a snack by itself.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Do this: fix a nice pico de gallo and add it to some quinoa and avocado. You'll love it. Pretty high in calories though, just watch your portions.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    in the form of guacamole
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mmm I LOVE avocado!!!!! My favorite way to eat it lately is on wheat toast!! I mash up half of an avocado with a little feta and some diced tomatoes...a little lemon juice... then I spread that on my wheat toast and top with cucumber slices! SO yummy! :)
    sounds yummy to me
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Diced or sliced with salt & pepper. Sometimes I'll mix in some chopped tomato.