Running in street clothes

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see a woman trying to jog in not only a dress but high heels as well.

I ran a Warrior Dash in a 1980s prom dress (and tiara) ... but I wore running shoes.

my ex girfriend can run like no other in heels, it's amazing
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I run in street clothes because I'm too poor to just go out and buy excersise clothes. Oh and also I don't give a crap what people thnk of it.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    my favorite are those people i see in foot races, moving in the direction of the crowd and who are in street clothes and carrying plastic bags like they did some shopping, and then found themselves in the middle of a 10K and decided "what the hell, i'll do this" :laugh:

3qou0u.jpg
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    At least he's running.
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "He's Jersey. He skis in his jeans."

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I would never run in jeans because I would be scared that the friction of the denim on my thighs would create a fire. And then, I would get arrested for arson and I would have to explain to the judge that I'm just a fatty who tried running a 10k in jeans.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    who gives a ****

you i guess since you took the time to post in this thread.

twice....
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    OOCH, to each their own but I bet he doesn't do that many times:) LOL
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I run in street clothes because I'm too poor to just go out and buy excersise clothes. Oh and also I don't give a crap what people thnk of it.

Wal Mart tho.

I've used the same $2 pair of shorts for over a year now.

Internet access and smart phones cost monies too.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I actually have a running dress--okay, technically, it's a cycling dress, but I wear it for running sometimes. There are lots of athletic dresses and skirts available in wicking fabrics these days--some are cute enough that people might mistake them for street wear at first glance.

Mine is like this, only in different fabric:
    635057C920_onmodel_M.jpg

And this is on my birthday list:
    Share.jpg

Where is that second pic from? I have a wanting.
    http://www.nuu-muu.com/home.html
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

What's the problem with running in a dress? Most of the people making comments complain about chafing - not an issue with a dress. Also not an issue with a thigh gap. Also, people ran for millennia without the benefit of wicking fabric - still do in most of the world unless they are rich, or high level athletes.

I don't have an "issue," but I imagine the armpits of that dress smelled pretty rank when the woman went back to work after her run. It was pretty stinking hot. I don't care what people do, but I'll snark because it's funny. I guess I don't see why it's so hard to grab a pair of shorts and a t shirt. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than dry cleaning your smelly dress every other day.

Frankly I'm glad the woman in the dress graced the trail yesterday. It gave me something to wonder about for a few minutes. She was one of the few people I made eye contact with and smiled on that run, so it was a win-win for me. :glasses: Yay me!

eta: I'm not talking about that cute dress above. I'm talking about the woman in the t shirt sweater dress.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

But you do realize that shorts and a t can be much cheaper than strreet clothes. PLUS you won't ruin your street clothes by washing them constantly to get out the sweat, grass stains and mud splashings.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Funny! I just saw this topic as I sat down at the computer after running Week 4 Day 3 of Couch to 5K. Yes, I did it in jeans. It has been pouring rain all day and the rain had just stopped and the sun was just setting as I drove back home from doing an errand. My choice was to enter the house, let the dogs out, feed the dogs, put shorts and my running shoes on, and then settle them again or just the leash the dog that was with me and run in jeans and my vibrams. Doing the run as I was meant that the run got done today and I now have an idea how it feels like to run in vibrams. It wasn't bad and considering how much water I had to run through, I'm glad that I didn't have my new running shoes on.

As far as my clothes. I figure (hope) that I only have a few more months that they will fit me and I'm not going to buy exercise clothes in a size that I hope not to stay in. My shorts and t-shirts work fine and even jeans today.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    that could almost have been me today. standing at the bus stop, knowing i had to wait another 20 minutes -just itching to MOVE - if i had been anything less than 10k away from home, i might very well have decided to run...
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

Wal Mart tho.

I've used the same $2 pair of shorts for over a year now.

Internet access and smart phones cost monies too.

2 dollars is a lot of money to me. My dad bought me my smart phone, otherwise I would not have one. Oh and I piggyback off my moms internet. I'm just poor and very stingy abt where my money goes. Well also I wouldn't beable to just buy 1, I'd have to buy 3 minimum. I'm not a shorty kinda girl anyway lol.
  • JenCatwalk
    Options

But you do realize that shorts and a t can be much cheaper than strreet clothes. PLUS you won't ruin your street clothes by washing them constantly to get out the sweat, grass stains and mud splashings.

Well I'm not worried abt my street clothes because I'm constently losing weight so eventually am gonna have to throw them out anyway and get some more. Infact most of my clothes used for workouts are my bigger clothes frm whn I was even bigger.. just clothes I wouldn't wear out normally.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I got into running before I could afford a down-payment on running clothes :laugh: I ran in oversized t-shirts and a $12 pair of running shorts from Target. They got the job done for the time being, but eventually I began breaking out on my chest/back because of the cotton. I immediately gathered my rainy-day jar and headed to Kohls where I bought a few running shirts/bras/shorts/capris/etc. I feel so much more comfortable now and my skin's bounced back! But if people feel comfortable running or cycling in street clothes, that's fine with me. It doesn't affect my work-out and I've been there, so I can't judge!

Edited for a misspelling!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, if I see someone bicycling in street clothes, I think that they lost their driver's license and need to ride the bike to get from A to B.

Really? I think we have as many bikes on the road here as we do cars. People just use them as another mode of transportation .... even people with drivers licenses and cars.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So I know we have all seen it.

Your driving down the street (or running) and you see a fella running at a slow and steady pace but he's wearing jeans.

at first you have that thought of WTF? Then you try to figure out if he's running from something or if he has somewhere he needs to be in a hurry. Usually that's not the case and they are just running for exercise.

How hard is it to throw on a pair "workout" type shorts or sweats? I just cannot wrap my head around it.

Anyone here prefer to run in Jorts and a Polo?

I think I need to be able to run in my street clothes. Not like I'm gonna tell the zombies "hang on a minute...gotta change..."
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    just felt that this site really needed to be posted http://joggingjeans.com/

This makes me happy.