what time do you work out and what time should you?

Options
2»

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Your over thinking it just workout whwn you can mine is diffrent times depending on when i am free

If your sick wait at least an hour before you workout
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Usually around 8 in the evening.. after dinner has had a chance to settle a bit :-)
    By then the gym is pretty open and quiet.
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the day...Initially I was consistently working out in the mornings before I ate and went to work. It was done, I burned more fat (supposedly), and I never felt queasy. Now, I fit it in when I can depending on my schedule for the day. The key is to be as active as possible. There is research that says the same time everyday is best but there is other research that says it doesn't matter. You have to find what works for your (schedule, physical well being)...Good Luck!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I tend to weight lift early in the morning right before work and then do cardio in the evenings after dinner. Some say earlier the better and some say the opposite. Depends on your needs, goals, and availability.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I work out after work, usually three days a week (MWF ideally). I don't think there is an advantage to any particular time of the day other than the one that works best for you and your schedule. I would rather not wake up early to go work out. I prefer to get it done after work and then find something to eat.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym for the 4:30 pm classes, I get off at 4, so this is when it fits my schedule. I start work at 7, so I can't see myself being a morning workout person.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your and your body! I hate eating before I workout. I feel fat and sluggish. I rather get up and go on coffee only.

Monday: 5 AM
    Tuesday: 5 AM and 11:00
    Wednesday: 5 AM and 11:00
    Thursday: 5 AM and 11:00
    Friday: 11 AM
    Saturday: 9 AM
    Sunday: Rest Day

Good luck!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    i work out first thing when i wake up, gets the blood flowing and honestly, if i wait till later i just start to dread it for some reason even though i actually enjoy it now

if its not done by 1pm, its not going to happen for me

i think you should do it whenever you know you will actually do it!

Totally agree here, I am at the gym at 5am and normally workout for an hour. I wake up at 4:15 and allow a little time for my body to wake up, then I have a protein bar or protein drink just to get a little fuel in me before my workout. And then I come home and eat after my workout.
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't have school but I have a full time job and two kids in middle and high school so my mornings are pretty shot for exercise. I like to exercise right before dinner. My fasting blood glucose levels are lower in the mornings when I exercise the night before. Plus, I just think that with my body still revved up and burning from the workout, somehow it will use the food better. I don't know that to be true, that is just how I feel.