Fast food

Options
Is anyone else noticing that there are a ton of diaries full of fast food? Does anyone else want to eat healthier? if so add me :-)

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Fast food isn't inherently unhealthy.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food, everyone has different goals and different backgrounds.... My diary might not be PERFECT to most people but its a start for me and fast food or not I'm losing weight and am making better choices than I was just a few weeks ago.

This ^^
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I EAT A SID E SALAD WITH LOW FAT VINEGARETTE DRESSING
    HAMBURGER, DIET COKE, AND FRUIT PARFAIT AT MCDONALDS..............................................
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if youdon't want to ever see fast food, probably don't FR me. I eat fast food. I alsoam eating this right now and it's fast too. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjW2nwrmxLg0EOgSUShqgrcRts8HIvg_xYvCloMLvONIXFfwdUCut in half, get spoon, yum. My other at home fast food is avocado, cut in half salt and pepper and yum. Tomatoes too on rare occasions. I have a lot of these kinds of "fast foods", but I'm no stranger to Carl's Junior and JackintheBox either.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Fast food isn't inherently unhealthy.

^QFT

OP - I get a Wendy's Chili with cheese and sour cream 3/week for lunch when I'm at work. Apart from the meat not being grass fed beef and the veggies not being organic there is NOTHING wrong with it. Best of luck on your squeaky clean eating plan :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Are you the food police? Most people make fast food fit their daily allowance.
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I tend to find myself getting busy, lazy, and grabbing fast food when I don't take the time to plan ahead. I agree we all have different goals and backgrounds completely. The most important thing to me is that I'm making healthier choices, even when I'm on the go or choose to go with fast food for a meal. Good for you if you want to make healthier choices and cut out those types of foods. I just recently gave up soda, and I'm quite proud of it, but I don't have a problem seeing it crop up in other's diary's :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I happen to have a decent amount of fast food and restaurant food, but I try to eat lunch with my 83 year old father in law everyday, it gets him out of the house and gives him some companionship....so I'm okay with it...I do make sure I select the "relatively" healthy options they have.........

Can't always be cooking and buying fresh.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    Actually fast food IS inherently unhealthy.While one can lose weight while eating it, don't believe the marketing masters who want you to believe their product is good for your health. If it isn't full of fat, its full of salt, or sugar, or processed to the point of having very little nutrient value and lots of "fillers". I can drink a sugar free soft drink and cut calories, but what am I putting in my body? And what nutrient rich food do I no longer have room for because it satiated me for the time being? Not that one should deprive oneself of the joys of a piece of chocolate or some cake, or even a Big Mac if you want one, but know what you are eating so that it is an informed choice.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Not mine. I am gluten free not by choice. I also have to watch my blood sugar and i have a children that have food allergies. Fast food isn't for us. Almost everything we eat is made from scratch at home. If for some reason (once a month or less) we do happen to eat out its at Windy's i get bun less burgers, FF or a baked potato and always water. But for the most part i can't see wasting my cals, carbs and sugars on food i can make better at home.

My junk foods are 85 % dark chocolate everyday ( cocoa is good for your blood sugar) , homemade low sugar ice cream or homemade low sugar cheese cake once a week or less.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I rarely ate/eat @ fast food joints. I generally ate/eat fast food only when we were on a road trip and needed/wanted to "drive thru" and keep driving. I managed to gain my excess weight (60 pounds) because I'm such a great scratch cook, love to eat but never practiced any degree of portion control. I'm really focused now on "portions" and have to cut back on recipes to avoid eating the same leftover for days and days.

I guess that doesn't answer your question so: no I've not noticed that there are tons of diaries full of fast food. I've never really looked at diaries but will do so now just out of curiosity. I suppose many folks eat fast food because they have a busy schedule.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I can't guarantee you won't see any fast food in my diary, but it's not too likely. However, you'll see casual dining restaurants on a pretty regular basis. Feel free to friend me if you can tolerate that. I don't have anything against fast food in general, but it just doesn't fit into my lifestyle or eating habits right now.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    add me if you like. i had fast food once in the last two weeks
  • rayvenstern
    rayvenstern Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i think fast food is definitely possible but staying with the healthier options, ie mcdonalds-the mcwraps are amazing and filling. and the large iced sugar free coffee 32oz is awesome for only having a 160 calories. subway is yummy and healthy. chick-fil-a has got some great choices that are lower calorie than expected.before i go to any fast food restaurant i check online for the menu and the nutritional information. and determine the heathier less calorie choices. but i think to completely deprieve yourself of no fastfood would be worse and would not last as a long term goal, i maintain a 1200 calorie diet a day and i eat very healthy. in the mix of all the salads, healthy choice meals, and fake egg subtitute with soy cheese, i am still eating sweet grilled chicken mcwraps. getting my 32 oz cup of sugar free iced coffee, and i try to balance all these meals. epppp fuddruckers has an amazing blackbean burger on a wheat bun that is amazing. you could never cut out the things you like, but rather find healthier substitutes to the items that you love.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I dont eat it often but I do on occasion... I try to cook at home as much as possible. My tummy couldnt handle eating fast food all the time!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    One can make healthier choices at most fast food restaurants these days; I do. Plus, I'm eating a whole lot better than I was two years ago when I first started MFP. My weight loss and now-normal cholesterol and triglycerides attest to that fact. So, there's nothing wrong with eating fast food now and then - moderation and good choices are key.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    And this is why I don't open my diary - too many are quick to criticize. I do eat fast food, but I do make healthier choices than I used to make. For example, I used to get a big mac, I now get the grilled McWraps, I used to get a medium fry, now it's a small fry...and Subway, that's good for you, depending on what you get. I get the oven-roasted chicken on a 6" flatbread. Nothing wrong with that! Plus, if I deprived myself from these foods, I wouldn't be happy, therefore eating healthy wouldn't last...
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    i dont see the problem with having fast food or treating yourself to "naughty" food that you enjoy. it's part and parcel of a healthy life style.

in a week my diet is healthy, pretty clean and according to my goals. But If i wanted, I will have a Big Mac on a saturday or Sunday and not feel guilty about it.

Make Healthy eating a habit and a life style and Fast food a treat that you are entitled to have, thats the key to fitness.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I EAT A SID E SALAD WITH LOW FAT VINEGARETTE DRESSING
    HAMBURGER, DIET COKE, AND FRUIT PARFAIT AT MCDONALDS..............................................

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Actually fast food IS inherently unhealthy.While one can lose weight while eating it, don't believe the marketing masters who want you to believe their product is good for your health. If it isn't full of fat, its full of salt, or sugar, or processed to the point of having very little nutrient value and lots of "fillers". I can drink a sugar free soft drink and cut calories, but what am I putting in my body? And what nutrient rich food do I no longer have room for because it satiated me for the time being? Not that one should deprive oneself of the joys of a piece of chocolate or some cake, or even a Big Mac if you want one, but know what you are eating so that it is an informed choice.

Not QFT

QFBS