Have you experienced this?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1nspiredgirl
    1nspiredgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I loved myself from the start, I accepted what kind of body and how much weight I had until these people can't accept the real me. I thought that loving myself and be contented is enough but no, whenever I hear bad things about me, that's not what happiness means. I can't be happy if people around me aren't happy for me. So then, I started to not like myself little by little. Until now, I'm trying to lose weight to love myself the way people will love me. I guess I'm wrong but I don't know, people make wrong decisions sometimes. We're not perfect. And this is what I'm feeling right now, also because of desperation.

I think you should ditch those people. You're 114 lbs-- if you're happy with your body then just go be happy with yourself. The part I bolded is no way to live your life. People aren't always going to be happy for you. Don't let your happiness depend on what other people think of you.

I know your right but it will be hard for me to do that. I can't be happy if I'm receiving negative feedback all the time. Maybe if I achieve my goal then I can. I don't know, I'm a little down right now. Thanks anyway :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    If you try to live for someone else, they will always be disappoint.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for myself....but having others to motivate you to keep going is extremely helpful! :happy: :drinker:
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Why would you ever diet FOR somebody other than yourself though?

What she said!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

The only way you will succeed is if you do it for yourself.
  • emmamaelee888
    emmamaelee888 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would say never diet for someone else... only do it for yourself so you can feel better.
    I think it would be hard to stay motivated if I felt like I had to do this to meet someone else's expectations.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

This^

OP, stop dieting for other people.
  • 1nspiredgirl
    1nspiredgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OP, stop dieting for other people.

Yes from now on, I'll do my best, Thank you guys!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I did it for ME.
    My rewards are others noticing. :bigsmile: