I'm addicted to fast food!

Options
2»

Replies

• V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. It is very hard to break that habit. I find that the more you eat it the more you will crave it. Once i decided to go cold turkey without it for a week or two i started eating much better.

Now when i stop for fast food, i usually get an unsweetened iced tea & grilled chicken wrap or salad instead of a soda, burger & fries. Occasionally i will indulge in the burger & fries but i get the little value meal sizes & stick with the unsweetened tea. It saves a lot of calories.

I'm a bus driver so I'm always looking for something quick & on the go. You're totally right, I have to quit cold turkey lol sounds like a drug addiction! Thanks for the advice!
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    if you fall off the wagon IT'S OK

log everything and look back on good days and compare them to bad days

look at your sodium look at the fat intake

compare your energy levels and the amount of naps you need after quitting FF
  • V4everfit
    Options
    I understand you , how about you keep tab of how much money you spend on fast food . After calculating the money I spend on trash I was horrify. It seems like the numbers I lost from wallet went to my scale.

I'll be happy when the $50 a week I spend can stay in my pockets. Thanks!
  • LostInHollyw00d
    Options
    Eat less of it. Fit it into your diet. Get some veggies. No. Big. Deal.

Stressing and beating yourself up about won't help you. It's part of a cycle of binge, guilt, binge that so many people on here seem to follow. Stop it. It's food, not religion.

exactly.. i used to be like this, then realized i was worrying over nothing. moderate it the best you can, fit it into your diet..
    when i go to fast food places, i quickly order the salads before i have a chance to look at anything else, with the occasional fried up chicken.
    it still gets hard, but as long as you can fit it into your diet , you will be fine
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Since we moved to Japan we eat at home a lot more. There are no drive thru's here. If you go to McDonald's it is $10 per person no matter what you get. There are no value menus. For $10 a person I want to go to a Japanese joint not McDonald's. We have 7-11's and Family Marts on every corner that sell snacks and bento lunches. All the food has calories listed. There are tons of vending machines but they all sell tea and coffee. Watching food commericals for Arby's or Denny's or course makes us want it but we don't have that here so there is no need to go out and get it.
  • V4everfit
    Options
    Since we moved to Japan we eat at home a lot more. There are no drive thru's here. If you go to McDonald's it is $10 per person no matter what you get. There are no value menus. For $10 a person I want to go to a Japanese joint not McDonald's. We have 7-11's and Family Marts on every corner that sell snacks and bento lunches. All the food has calories listed. There are tons of vending machines but they all sell tea and coffee. Watching food commericals for Arby's or Denny's or course makes us want it but we don't have that here so there is no need to go out and get it.

Wow I'll definitely drop some lbs living in Japan. I wouldn't have much of a choice, hum, now that's what I need in my life.????