These jokes went alittle to far..

Options

Replies

• 28DebRena
    28DebRena Posts: 56
    Options
    Be proud of your accomplishments and do not let anyone steal your sunshine from you. Much continued success to you :heart:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Most of my family is like this...they'll joke and joke until they get in a danger zone of actually offending each other...then someone usually gets their @ss tore up in an explosion...then it calms down...and the cycle starts over.....

Good for you for "biting back"...hopefully it quells it for a bit.
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    You look great, and I totally get why you responded the way you did.

The thing I would do now, is calm it. Take the high road from now on because your point has been made. My guess is that she will will, for the most part, shut her mouth. Be the mature one and hence the one in control.
    Excellent advice I agree.
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    you responded perfectly. Now continue your journey to greater heights..

remember you have no one to prove to apart from yourself. to strive for greater success :)
  • littlelady2b
    Options
    You're right she did go too far but remember only shallow people are so mean and obviously you are strong you proved that. You look great, be proud, hold your head high and don't let her jealousy get you down and always remember: Never accept anyone's definition of you instead define and accept yourself. . . .:flowerforyou:
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    hahaha, that's soo awesome! You've got the right attitude girl. Way to go. That's what you call pure jealousy. I use those comments and people from my own life as motivation to absolutely kill my workouts! :D

"Your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable."
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Also you look amazing, but I don't need to tell you that. :-)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    B*tch Slapped all the way into next week!! Good job :)
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    great job on your progress and good for you for sticking up for yourself. sometimes it's not just about proving stuff to other people, but being able to let the other person know that you value yourself enough to not let an insult go by without addressing it.

i bet she'll think twice about her jokes next time :wink:
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! Good for you!!! This is one of my favorite posts EVER!!! Keep on doing it, your hard work speaks for itself. Shazaam!
  • kdcoughlen
    Options
    I am curious to know what your mother thought of the exchange. As a mother, I can't imagine sitting there and letting the SIL get away with being that catty. You handled it well and hopefully she will think twice about opening her mouth next time.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    urgh i hate these things. These aren't "jokes". they're not funny. you did good. Your SIL was outta line the second she touched your notebook. and her remarks about the photos were extremely horrible.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I totally get why you responded the way you did.

The thing I would do now, is calm it. Take the high road from now on because your point has been made. My guess is that she will will, for the most part, shut her mouth. Be the mature one and hence the one in control.

Excellent.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Eff those comments she made.

She is disappointed in herself and lashing out at you.

Your doing great!

Ohh yeah, I think that "fat *kitten*". Looks pretty nawce back there!! :flowerforyou:
  • meg516
    meg516 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    good for you! you showed her!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    sounds like she is jealous and passive aggressive. good for you for putting her in her place, seems like she is trying to make herself feel better by trying to bring you down. i can't stand bullies like that and hopefully she will learn to respect you and be proud of the progress you are making. is she by any chance overweight and maybe insecure? or maybe she looks really good and is becoming insecure that you are looking better than she is
  • JonMB
    JonMB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good job on putting her in her place. Funny story.
  • carrieebg
    carrieebg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    YEA!! For speaking up :) You have worked hard and you look great.
  • littlelady2b
    Options
    B*tch Slapped all the way into next week!! Good job :)
    thanks for the laugh you cracked me up and I agree!