Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Shoulders too. But working on it...
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Lats for me, too. I try to start heavy but I always have to crank the weight down after 2 or 3 reps. Working on it!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Triceps, I have no problem when it comes to deadlifting 132lbs but when it comes to triceps I'm a goner!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Chest is definitely my weakest, perhaps that's why its my least favorite part to train.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Dodgy right shoulder for me..... makes anything involving the upper body a pain in the *kitten*!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    For me it is one general thing and one particular thing.

In general, it's my stabilizer muscles. I'm finding that I'm right at the point in my squats/deadlifts where adding weight is starting to throw my form off. Deloading this week to get the focus back on form.

In particular my left quads. I had ACL reconstruction in 1993 and due to insurance issues only did about 3 months of rehab. That leg is still noticably weaker than the right one. Working to shore it up but still focusing on the compound lifts and doing some individual work on the left quads to help.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Dodgy right shoulder for me..... makes anything involving the upper body a pain in the *kitten*!

I used to have an issue in my right arm benching. Even at lower weights the arm would start to get weaker. Has to be a pinched nerve or something. I found that switching from bodybuilder style lifts (arms perpendicular to body) that moving my arms in to about a 45 degree angle to my body removed the problem altogether. Also brings a lot more muscles into play and ends up being a better overall workout.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Lower back for sure. It starts giving out and rounding on DL and Squats before anything else. Adding a belt added about 40lbs to my DL instantly for example.

Lats are definitely fairly weak too, been working on those as well.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Legs. Running actually made my legs weaker and I'm trying to get my strentgh back. My upper body is far more superior than any other part. I have no issues with OHP, Bench or unassisted pull-ups.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I can deadlift about 90lbs, but can barely bench 40?

I don't know much about muscles or whatnot, but that seems a bit odd to me.

It's pretty normal to have much more power in your legs than your chest. Your muscles in your legs, *kitten*, and lower back are much larger than your pectorals. My working weight for dead-lift is 230#...my working weight for bench is 150#.

For me, it's shoulders. My OH press sucks.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    At the moment my shoulders. I have been having some pain issues from sleeping on them that have prevented me from OHPing and a few other shoulder movements. I also have fairly weak biceps and upper back muscles, which I am trying to correct.

As cwolfman said, having stronger legs than upper body is normal. I can squat and deadlift 315+ but on the bench I struggle with 225.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    definitely upper body.. shoulder arms etc..
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with some friends. I guess I'm weird for a woman, since legs are my problem.

I deadlift 165, OHP 65, Bench 100, and squat 115. :grumble:

QA8pk64.jpg?1
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with some friends. I guess I'm weird for a woman, since legs are my problem.

I deadlift 165, OHP 65, Bench 100, and squat 115. :grumble:

QA8pk64.jpg?1

I was the same way, could bench almost as much as my squat. I started doing SL and the 3x a week squatting got my squat up fast, now I can squat 50% more than my bench at least (in just a couple months).
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My shoulders, but I have a bad shoulder :grumble:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Triceps!
  • Seekerman
    Seekerman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think many including me can agree that we tend to shy from what we are poor at. Almost every female here states their legs are strong while upper body is weak. Years ago I took pride in developing a muscular strong upper body and never cared about legs. I can still at 50 can bench 315 but my leg press and squat is probably less then many of the women here stating they have strong legs and have trouble with a 55 pound bench press. Reason I need to work on my weak areas.
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    Triceps and shoulders, definitely.
    Also my wrists are weak as hell, ridiculously skinny, and I'm double-jointed, so I really have to focus to keep them straight.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I can deadlift about 90lbs, but can barely bench 40?

I don't know much about muscles or whatnot, but that seems a bit odd to me.

deadlifts use a lot of leg muscles, most likely your strongest muscle group. Benching uses your arms (mainly triceps) and chest muscles, they're probably your weakest muscles if you're new to weight training
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    shoulders for me also i struggle with 10 lateral raises when i can do 20 each set from all the others