Do I count liquids?

Options

Replies

• shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    For sure you do... Soda and juice have tons of sugar and calories... Milk has some too but they're better and lower.
    Water don't need to be count and black coffee depending (some do but it doesn't contain much calories if it's black) so doesn't make a big difference.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    No. You don't count liquids. Drinks tons of calorie free beer.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    don't forget about condiments. ketchup, relish, mustard, mayo.... everything

You don't count ketchup bro.

bro, do you even condiment?
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

So do you know of a zero calorie ketchup please enlighten us

Yes, please. I want zero cal ketchup! haha
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course you count liquids. They have calories...except water. Not quite understanding the logic of the question here. But...carry on.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    So diet coke makes me fat?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't count liquids. They either turn into blood or pee, so I don't worry about them. I drink 3 milkshakes a day, and even though they fill me up, I don't have to count them!

Everybody is different. Do what works for you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't count liquids. They either turn into blood or pee, so I don't worry about them. I drink 3 milkshakes a day, and even though they fill me up, I don't have to count them!

Everybody is different. Do what works for you.

I'm starting to wonder if this is why there are so many forum posts about people chugging coconut oil . . .
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people. I never count my liquids. Including my pureed steak and bacon. OOh and I pureed everything I buy from Burger king!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Bro I have been ketchuping since you were still mustarding. Don't even go there bro!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Bro I have been ketchuping since you were still mustarding. Don't even go there bro!

Mayo know even how to spread? Pfft.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So diet coke makes me fat?

Of course it does. It contains chemicals. Duh.
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    why WOULDN'T you count liquids....its not nothing.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options

ketchup has around 18 cal per 15g (a tbs) so you need to include it. it has also carbs and sugar.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people. I never count my liquids. Including my pureed steak and bacon. OOh and I pureed everything I buy from Burger king!

yes you need to count them. for example if you drink a mango juice only 1 litre it is 540 cal and 133 g sugars.. that means i am way over my sugar daily intake. if i drink all that mango juice it like replacing a meal. So if you drink anything except water you need to count it.
    This is why some people ask themselves '' oh why am I not losing weight? '' when finally they don't take int account of alcohol, milk, tea, coffe with sugar, juices, sparkling soft drinks, etcccccc
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't count very low calorie stuff. Unless I have a bunch of it. Example: 6 servings of 10 calorie Minute Maid Light,

I don't count my joint juice, 15 calories. But I would count my fruit juices, 4oz of cherry juice = 60 calories.

I don't count my chocolate calcium chews. But I do count my chocolate candy intake, ie. One Hershey Kiss = 25 calories.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

yes you need to count them. for example if you drink a mango juice only 1 litre it is 540 cal and 133 g sugars.. that means i am way over my sugar daily intake. if i drink all that mango juice it like replacing a meal. So if you drink anything except water you need to count it.
    This is why some people ask themselves '' oh why am I not losing weight? '' when finally they don't take int account of alcohol, milk, tea, coffe with sugar, juices, sparkling soft drinks, etcccccc

I did not say nothing about fruit juices. I was talking about steak. Liquid never counts if it's pureed steak!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I did not say nothing about fruit juices. I was talking about steak. Liquid never counts if it's pureed steak!

True story. I'm so tired of people on this site being NON-supportive!!! I thought we were all here for the same things!
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Liquids add up alot...Yes, you need to count them to be accurate :drinker: