Hello :) ....Chocolates :(

..just started off a fortnight back and have quite a battle ahead.. this site seems so wonderful and supportive - looking forward to meeting a lot of people who are just the same! :smile: :flowerforyou:

I already feel elated having lost 5lb and am actually not feeling all that bad about the calorie-cutting and walking I've had to do. I used to really feel low the first week especially - giving up chocolates which I have never done for a single day since I can remember has been most depressing :sad:
Any tips how to control the urge to binge on chocolates?

70568.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• hoysal
    hoysal Posts: 28
    ..just started off a fortnight back and have quite a battle ahead.. this site seems so wonderful and supportive - looking forward to meeting a lot of people who are just the same! :smile: :flowerforyou:

I already feel elated having lost 5lb and am actually not feeling all that bad about the calorie-cutting and walking I've had to do. I used to really feel low the first week especially - giving up chocolates which I have never done for a single day since I can remember has been most depressing :sad:

70568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member

Try this link :wink: http://www.eatyourbest.com/desserts/index.aspx?sid=63

Their foods are great so even though I don't have a sweet tooth (I'm a salty foods person) I'm sure their desserts are just as yummy!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Treat yourself to ONE :wink: a day. Depriving yourself will lead to a larger binge when you do lose control. Work it in so that you have one piece of dark chocolate that you let melt on your tongue. If you have to, have someone in your home hide all the rest. I usually have my hubby do it! hehe...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    York Peppermint Patties (the small ones) have 30 calories (according to info on here). Or grab 100 calorie packs of chocolate snacks. Try to allow room in your diet for daily Hershey's kisses (I haven't looked at calories on those). One Swiss cake roll has 100 calories (but don't eat both cakes in the twin packaging).

In my experience, if I deny myself a food craving for a long time, I'll eventually break down and binge on it. Much better to allow it in my diet in small portions.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Diet fudge bars (frozen) are really yummy and low in cals!
  • Don't worry! You are not alone. It is one of my weaknesses as well. What I've found helped is to not forbid yourself to have a chocolate once in a while. If you do, you will over do it once you get the chance. So eat chocolates!! It is good for you in some way! Just dont add the TOO MUCH in front of it!
  • hoysal
    hoysal Posts: 28
    Wow thanks guys! Im already feeling like all is still not lost :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I eat chocolate all the time! :love: love it! I stick to the cadbury thins bars in milk chocolate (100cals each). also I recently discovered the lindt thins. wow are they good! 12 thin squares of dark chocolate are 160cals. worth it. yum! of course, if you have just one you're barely having any calories at all and trust me, they are SO good!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I LOOOOOVE chocolate. I like the Dove rich dark chocolate squares. They are about 35 or so calories each. They satisfy my chocolate cravings!