I hate my my wedding dress now :(

Options

Replies

• Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful dress on a beautiful new you. I agree with one of the poster's, there are beautiful sashes with a little bling on them that would I think make this lovely dress even more spectacular. If not bling, a fresh flower(s) that match or coordinate with your bouquet would I believe, make it look awesome!

Blessings to you and your husband to be! Be sure to enjoy the day. :flowerforyou:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    The dress looks beautiful! Maybe a quick tack in the waist would be fine if it would really make you happy. Seriously a couple quick stitches on the seam, but not altogether necessary. I did the same thing a week before my wedding HA Ha. However, I had a seamless dress and they actually had to cut seams to make the adjustment. Now that was depressing.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    A nice belt/sash with bling and a matching little bit of bling in a crown/hairpiece. I love it just the way it is too, really beautiful!!!
    :heart:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'd get it run in so it fits better on that lovely figure you have. Your arms too wonderful too. Such a beautiful dress. You are going to look stunning with your hair and makeup all done. Just get it made smaller to fit your figure or a sash. Have a great wedding day!
  • texanintokyo
    texanintokyo Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend just got married in almost the exact same dress about 6 months ago and it looked AMAZING on her and she's curvy. I suggest that you have the waist cinched in a bit to show your curves a bit more and then possibly go with the sash idea. Although to be honest, if you get it taken in properly at the waist you probably won't need it!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    A nice belt/sash with bling and a matching little bit of bling in a crown/hairpiece. I love it just the way it is too, really beautiful!!!
    :heart:

I would say for sure a beautiful blingy belt. I wonder what kind of wedding dress shop you go to that wouldn't have considered that in the first place. That's always the go to accessory.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Either do some sort of rush tailoring job to bring it in a little, or get a sash like others have suggested, or both. I personally think your dress is very romantic looking. You will be so pretty on your wedding day! No worries!
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It still looks gorgeous to me. You could probably have it taken in a bit if it's really bugging you that much, though.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I agree with others its looks beautiful!! I know I had the same feelings right before my wedding and I had a local seamstress fix it two days before my wedding. If you cant have it fixed I agree with others that said maybe put some kind of shash or jewelled shash around the waist.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's a stunning dress! You look beautiful.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    personally I think alot of women wear clothes way too tight. you need to sit in the thing. I think it looks fine, maybe a little nip in the waist, but other than that how tight do you want it?
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful elegant dress, 4 days doesn't sound like much time but I think u could get someone to take it in that quickly if u pay a little more just to feel better on your big day. Congrats and may u have a wonderful wedding day and marriage.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL! I appreciate everyones comments...I am so greatful for all of the compliments and positive suggestions. I will post pictures after the ceremony :flowerforyou:
    I'm so excited for my wedding, I am NOT going to let anything ruin it.
  • altinkumjoy
    Options
    You look lovely in the dress , i would put some sort of ribbon round the waist that matches your flowers to break it up and then your waist will look fab , enjoy your day too , good luck and congratulations on your forth coming wedding .
  • FeIsMe75
    FeIsMe75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    the dress still looks beautiful just a little loose in the waist. Maybe you could try a sash to cinch it in make it fit a bit better. Hope is not lost. you still have time.

agree with this ^^ it still is a stunning dress, very elegant and beautiful :) congratulations!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You still look beautiful. There is still time to take it in but I agree, a sash might do the trick with a brooch pinned to it!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think the dress is lovely and looks great on you!!! What are the colors of your wedding? Add one to your dress with a belt/sash to bring everything in!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    the dress still looks beautiful just a little loose in the waist. Maybe you could try a sash to cinch it in make it fit a bit better. Hope is not lost. you still have time.

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe something that will match your bouquet?
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    theres no way you can have someone thats knows what they're doing take it in a bit so its not so loose?

I also agree that if thats not possible maybe you should try a sash around the waste to make it appear a bit tighter and still look elegant. its a beautiful dress.

or if you can get someone to maybe pin the cloth in the back without making the pins noticeable, i feel like that would work just as well. had to do that with my graduation dress a few years back cause the shoulder straps were way too big, still pinned to this day and you cant even tell.