Insanity drop outs

Options
13»

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did like 2 or so weeks of it and went on vacation for a week and i just don't care for it....plus when you have 2 toddlers its hard to workout for that long.
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Same here. Made it through 6 weeks and then went back to work (after maternity leave) and also it killed my knees. And I was getting bored with them. I loved it while doing it but then just ran out of time. It definitely increased my speed when running and got me in great shape.
  • LRD308
    LRD308 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I dropped out 2 times before I eventually finished. Then repeated it two more times! Just push play everyday and do your best.
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I made it about half way through and had great results--I could really see where I had gotten stronger when playing roller derby (all of those squats did some good after all!). I quit because I got a terrible cold and couldn't breathe well enough....then had a bunch of things come up that kept me from getting back into it. I've tried re-starting a few times since....but would much rather do something outdoors since the weather is nice. I'll admit I hated every minute of it, but the workouts go by really fast and you really do get results.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit, my wrists were injured during one of the routines and had to stop working out for a couple weeks and since that I just haven't have to urge to start back. I do P90X and Crossfit instead plus other nicknacks to fill in when I want something extra
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm a quitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although I do sometimes still pop the DVD in for a work out but I didn't do the program straight. I found I got bored. I need a lot more variety and I have found out that I like lifting so I have been doing that 3 days a week and then my other days can be varied...gym cardio, running, swimming, hiking, a workout video etc...I have to mix it up or I won't finish...and I didn't!
    Yup, right there with ya!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I quit after two weeks. I loved the progam but it killed my wrists, ankles and knees. I replaced it with Les Mills combat and Turbo Fire. Both I love!!!
  • kklotay
    kklotay Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I finished the Insanity program, but I had to spread it out a little more. Also, modified some of the steps adn took frequent breaks. Even with that, I dreaded doing eash session until the end. I had to push myself to do it.

However, it did help me a lot. It boosted my fitness to the next level.

I rejoined gym after finishing the program. The classes at gym seemed so much easier after Insanity. I was actually able to do two classes, Body Combat and Zumba back to back.
  • kklotay
    kklotay Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I finished the Insanity program, but I had to spread it out a little more. Also, modified some of the steps adn took frequent breaks. Even with that, I dreaded doing eash session until the end. I had to push myself to do it.

However, it did help me a lot. It boosted my fitness to the next level.

I rejoined gym right after finishing the program. The classes at gym seemed so much easier after Insanity. I was actually able to do two classes, Body Combat and Zumba back to back.
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    The better question is who is willing to give it another go and really try to stick to it
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    First go round I hit recovery week about the time I started a summer class and got distracted from hitting play.

Since then, I've started and stopped so often...I'll break that cycle with my next start ;)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    The better question is who is willing to give it another go and really try to stick to it

I'll be your huckleberry. :smokin:
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a quiter... or at least I choose to fit the program in around my life instead of my life around the program. If the weather is too crappy to get out for a run, I do it. If I want a challenge for a week, I do it. If I want to spend time with Shaun T's sweaty self, I do it. If I want to annoy my downstairs neighbors, I do it...

I don't feel the need to force myself to stick with one program... I like making my workouts personal.
  • lilkat_0087
    lilkat_0087 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I quit because for some reason I thought 3 weeks before Christmas was a good week to start....needless to say after the first half i got distracted. Now its summer and I prefer working out outdoors. I'll probably give it another go next December...
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I quit after two weeks. it was too much for my ankles. and honesty I cudnt bother anymore. What I started to do instead was to mix in some of the videos with my monthly routines. So I would do mayb the plyo or the cardio video twice a month along with my other workout videos and cardio and gym
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Started in April, skipping about 1-2x a week until about the week before Recovery Week. Then just quit altogether.

Was doing the programs in the evenings. But we were house hunting, which turned into buying a house, so just did not have the evening time to commit an hour (the 45 min workout + all extra breaks i had to take) to wearing myself out.

Now that we're moved into our new house :happy: and settled in, started with 30 Day Shred. I'm on day 8, and can tell it's totally more my level of fitness. Insanity was just too much for me to stick with.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity 2 years ago...quit after 6 weeks....the increase of difficulty in the second month was too much...extra 20 min and tougher exercises killed me....