Chicken and veggies

Options
sfhudgens
sfhudgens Posts: 123 Member
I made Chicken and Veggies for lunch today..Tasted great...one of my friends came in with a grilled ham and bacon sandwich and curly fries....Made me not like my food the whole time....
Am I crazy?

Replies

• sfhudgens
    Options
    Did you do that? cause I am really tempted to do that with all greasy foods lol.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've done it before...but probably I had been dieting for something like 30 weeks already and was delirious. But it certainly works. you just have to find a picture that almost makes you gag...it can be anything off-putting. Then you can cook a plate of bacon, and start eating it while you look at the picture. You wont be finishing the bacon.
  • sfhudgens
    Options
    No problem with bacon i love bacon lol :)
    Just didn't have any and was jealous that I brought
    plain chicken and veggies lol
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Think about how the sodium in a ham & bacon sandwich and curly fries would make you feel bloated as *kitten* for a couple days.
  • Monica_SanDiego
    Monica_SanDiego Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Naw, perfectly normal. You know that food tastes good .. but you also know that it's not good for you. So stick with your veggie/chicken lunch and be healthy!

Monica
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    No problem with bacon i love bacon lol :)
    Just didn't have any and was jealous that I brought
    plain chicken and veggies lol

Keep up what you're doing and eventually what other people do or do not do will have much less influence on you. My wife and I used to try and eat the same diet but we've gotten to the point where one of us will eat pizza because it fits the macros, and one of us won't because it doesn't on that day. Self discipline can be learned.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Try this. 10 minutes a day, look at an appetizing picture of curly fries and grilled ham/bacon, and next to that picture, pull up a picture of a piece of meat being ransacked by maggots. Do it every day, for a few months. Soon the loose associations will occur in your brain, and you will have a disdain for bacon and curly fries...OR...you'll start to like maggots more....

Because the answer to finding bacon and fries delicious is to give yourself an eating disorder.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I made Chicken and Veggies for lunch today..Tasted great...one of my friends came in with a grilled ham and bacon sandwich and curly fries....Made me not like my food the whole time....
    Am I crazy?

On the bright side your not one of those elitist dbags who thinks youre better than others because you eat healthily to achieve your goals. On the other hand, you somehow enjoyed the taste while not enjoying the meal, which confuses me.

solution

Have some bacon and ham tomorrow and work it into your calorie requirements. I personally would skip fries for something else, but, its not like they're bad. Id rather have ice cream than fries, though.

And, no, you're not crazy. Thou shalt envy those whom haveth bacon.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've done it before...but probably I had been dieting for something like 30 weeks already and was delirious. But it certainly works. you just have to find a picture that almost makes you gag...it can be anything off-putting. Then you can cook a plate of bacon, and start eating it while you look at the picture. You wont be finishing the bacon.

NO.
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    Try this. 10 minutes a day, look at an appetizing picture of curly fries and grilled ham/bacon, and next to that picture, pull up a picture of a piece of meat being ransacked by maggots. Do it every day, for a few months. Soon the loose associations will occur in your brain, and you will have a disdain for bacon and curly fries...OR...you'll start to like maggots more....

and NO.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:huh:

that sounds healthy.
  • aelunyu
    Options
    Lol relax everyone. I realize my recommendation was in poor taste. Generally the more fit you are, the more you can eat whatever you want. The implied exercise that had you achieve your level of fitness just inherently allows for a broader range of foods, this is the prize you win for having consistency in the diet, and working hard in the gym.

Yes. in 2010 i got to competition shape eating pretty much only KFC with refeeds of rice noodles every 4-6 days. In 2011, it was mostly just PB&J sandwiches with protein shakes. Pre 2009, it was just chicken and brown rice, 6 times a day. It's not my first time to the rodeo. IIFYM works, but it requires discipline like every other dieting protocol. Understanding that food are a means to an end (usually better performance or physique) is much more important than food choice. Happy?
  • CrankMeUp
    Options
    Lol relax everyone. I realize my recommendation was in poor taste. Generally the more fit you are, the more you can eat whatever you want. The implied exercise that had you achieve your level of fitness just inherently allows for a broader range of foods, this is the prize you win for having consistency in the diet, and working hard in the gym.

Yes. in 2010 i got to competition shape eating pretty much only KFC with refeeds of rice noodles every 4-6 days. In 2011, it was mostly just PB&J sandwiches with protein shakes. Pre 2009, it was just chicken and brown rice, 6 times a day. It's not my first time to the rodeo. IIFYM works, but it requires discipline like every other dieting protocol. Understanding that food are a means to an end (usually better performance or physique) is much more important than food choice. Happy?

NO.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Guess I've been doing it wrong-- I started out with IIFYM and added the exercise much later. But whatever works for you I guess.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Extremist is extreme.
  • sfhudgens
    Options
    No Worries :)
    I was just kind of venting but Glad to see the funny comments
    that came from my venting. I enjoy eating most foods and do but
    today i brought that and was like ahh man that sounds better.
    but the day goes on and i know i feel great where my friend is feeling
    Sluggish so i am happy with my choice :)
    SO
    Aelunyu.....its all good :) thanks for making me laugh...and making me realize
    who cares :)
  • aelunyu
    Options

Guess I've been doing it wrong-- I started out with IIFYM and added the exercise much later. But whatever works for you I guess.

You have to remember this was 2006. People did not follow IIFYM. Everyone on stage ate chicken and brown rice or oats. It wasn't until guys like Alan Aragon came out with the chocolate milk studies that it was even questioned. Everyone ate six meals a day, everyone ate breakfast. We all looked up to Ronnie Coleman eating his BBQ chicken tenders and Molly McButter and Grits. We didn't know any better. Which obviously also leads to alot of guys doing crazy things to cut down to 3-5%. No one taught us so we taught ourselves. Obviously things are different now, and we know alot more.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    sorry, all I read was BACON!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

You mean to tell me maggots DON'T normally taste like bacon and curly fries???