Ladies 5'3 or under! How much do you eat???

Options

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 123 pounds. I average between 1400 to 1800 calories with the occasional splurge days. :) I try to work out 4 to 5 days a week. I used this site to calculate my goal weight maintenance calories and eat that now so there is no fuss when I finally get to my goal weight and I will already know how to eat properly to maintain that weight. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    5'3" 1400-1600 calories and I'm def not gaining weight. currently doing the 30 days shred,
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to manage to eat 1200 & I'm 5'3". I burn off more than I can eat & I'm never really that hungry anyway.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    NET 1456. :flowerforyou:
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 5'2, I can still eat around 2100 for maintenance, im 38 and work out most days.

AT the mo im doing a 6 week plan of shortcut to shred and im changing the cals most weeks, on 1400 at the mo and its really really hard coming from eatng 2000, but will be going into a bulking stage after where i can eat about 2400, yay.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
  • BflSabrefan
    Options
    5'2 152lbs I eat 1550 calories a day, I lift 3 days a week, and do cardio 3 days a week. I also do abs 2 days a week.
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 110 pounds. I eat about 1,200 calories daily and exercise at least 3 times a week. I dropped 17 pounds.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina,

Just from reading your intro, it seems to me that we are somewhat similar---maybe or maybe not. Have you EVER been obese or overweight?
    So you weigh 122 and would love to be 110.........................my weight is close to your weight and i want to get down to 114 or 115...however neither you nor i are actually overweight.

So, this can be done....with lots of hard work. Contrary to advice given here, i never have had a loss if i ate at 1500+ or so a day..also find that if i eat processed foods it is the same as going over the calories---.please keep in touch and let me know what works for you.

Your major is an excellent choice, good luck in getting the degree you are pursuing----seems like you'll always be healthy!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think its a progression, I started off at 1200 cals and was starving all the time and wasn't really loosing because I needed more calories because of doing high intensive workouts so switched it up to 1440 cals and been doing that for over a year and lost 6 lbs and have maintained it!
  • Sectility
    Sectility Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I eat 500-800 calories. I am light-moderate active.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" tall (42 years old)

I workout (combo of heavy lifting and cardio) for a total of 4.5 -5 hours per week.

I eat 2000 calories per day to lose weight.

EDIT to share my history: I started 2.5 years ago on 1200...lost for a while then plateaued for 5 months. Upped to 1700 a day...lost for a while then plateaued for 6 months. Currently eating 2000 and losing.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Umm...wow. :noway:
  • Flmommy1
    Flmommy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That' is way to few calories
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Umm...wow. :noway:

Yikes!!! :noway:
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    4 feet 9inches, 187 pounds on May 17th. I will weigh in Monday to see how much I lost this past month.

I have a limit of 1200 cals a day.

I don't exercise a lot, and it's something I just need to baby step in... I don't like doing things in front of people, and it's just hard to find a place where I don't feel like I am being watched. I do try crunches in bed, and other exercises I can do when I go to bed.

When no one is home, I will either play on my Xbox kinnect or dance to songs for 20mins.

Can't wait to see how much I have lost this past month. If I start exercising more, I will probably limit myself to 1400-1500 cals a day. I get weak fast (no mater what I do), and the effect of the exercise will last HOURS! I did some rock shoveling today earlier this morning for about 20-35mins, this was before 10am. At 6pm, I still was wigging... and it wasn't like I was starving, I fed myself, lol.
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and your goal weight, 110. I'm done with my weight lose now I have to say I struggle to lose weight on more than 1200 but I did lots of exercise and eat some of the calories back if I'm hungry. I've added you, message me if you need more advice!!
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bookmark to read later, since I am 5'2 and would love to hear from the girls who are struggling over 10 lb.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost about 18lbs in the last few months. I set my base calories at about 1300 and then I ate 50-75% of my exercise calories back, depending on how hungry I am that day.

ETA: I just recently upped my calories to 1500 a day since I reached my weight goal and still eat about 50% of my exercise calories back and I am still losing.
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options

I seriously hope there was a type in that and you meant 1500 to 1800 =/