AdvoCare

Options
Anyone heard of AdvoCare? Any opinions about it?

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Yes, my wife and I are currently doing our 2nd 24 day Challenge. We love Advocare, it has changed our lives.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

It's another fad that hopefully will die with the others. Waste of money and totally unnecessary.
  • Stooooo
    Options

It's another fad that hopefully will die with the others. Waste of money and totally unnecessary.

Wow a fad that has been around for 20 years and has countless unpaid professional product endorsers. Pretty impressive for a fad.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I use the Spark drink, and their shakes, but that is about it. The Spark got me off soda and I like the taste of it. The shakes I like the taste of and they keep me full for breakfast. I've done the 10 day cleanse, lost weight, but I could have done the same thing without it.
  • Lyadeia
    Options

Wow a fad that has been around for 20 years and has countless unpaid professional product endorsers. Pretty impressive for a fad.

There are many fad diets and other such things that live on for much longer than 20 years. It just goes to show how gullible it's followers are and how desperate people can be trying to reach for things to be a miracle for them.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    If it works, then what is the problem. Plus Advocare is not just the 24 Day Challenge. It's common when people don't understand things they put them down.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    A lot of things "work." What's the problem with cleanses that allow you to eat nothing at all for 3 days if they work and have the intended outcome of losing weight? Of course that's just an extreme example...

But if all you have to say to me is "cause it works" and "you don't understand" then obviously we have nothing to discuss.

I stand by my original statement that it is unnecessary and a waste of money. It was not said because I don't have your brain power to understand...............
  • hmarhofer
    hmarhofer Posts: 6
    Options
    i have a friend who GAINED weight on Advocare. She switched to another shake and lost right away.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    It is obvious you don't understand. I say this because on the 24 Day Challenge you are eating real, clean food. I actually found myself eating more food than before I started the challenge. I think that maybe you should investigate something before just making a blanket statement.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I did the 10 day cleanse I gained weight and really didn't like the fact that I wasn't eating REAL food. I can drink water and eat real food instead of spark (that is loaded with stuff I don't understand) and the shakes. I personally would rather eat real food without any artificial fillers.
    that said, if it works for some people and they are able to lose weight GREAT!!!! go for it. IMO I didn't like it
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

This.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    When evaluating a plan to lose weight you should ask yourself, is this strategy sustainable?
  • ArieMc88
    ArieMc88 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am currently teking Advocare and am on the 4th day of the 24 day challenge... I love it... i'm not guna lie... I did cheat yesterday and ate some things that i had no business eating but hey... I know my downfalls and have to resist temptations... :grumble:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    There's no replacement for hard work and proper eating. Thousands of people lose weigh and get in shape without using anything extra.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight for free with a consistent calorie deficit. These types of programs/products "work" because they include a calorie deficit. The important part of the program is available for no money at all. That said, it seems that these types of products seem to help some people get started and/or maintain a calorie deficit. Only you can decide if you need that sort of help.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If it works, then what is the problem. Plus Advocare is not just the 24 Day Challenge. It's common when people don't understand things they put them down.

I think you shouldn't make assumptions about what people do and do not understand.

Disagreeing does not automatically mean someone doesn't understand.

You sell meal replacement products and workout programs (Advocare and Shakeology/Beachbody). Surely your opinion is unbiased.

Here's one example of a terrible product that makes claims that aren't based in anything remotely true:
    http://www.advocare.com/products/well/W3171.aspx

"The AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse system can help rid your body of toxins and waste with its unique blend of herbal ingredients."

This is pseudoscientific garbage and you're ripping people off if you endorse something like this.

As far as meal replacement products, if you want to use them, fine, but it's much cheaper to get a tub of whey and take a multivitamin.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

Lastly, nothing personal against you. But lets call things for what they are.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    *This is coming second hand. I have not tried Advocare.

I have a friend who recently finished her 24 day challenge. She lost 10 pounds - great! But here are the negatives - losing weight that quickly increases your likelihood of stretch marks. (She says that she's seeing a new one forming, but it's TBD whether it will stay or fade.) Additionally, she would really like to change her shape. Unfortunately, with Advocare she didn't have the energy for rigorous, shape-changing workouts.

I would say that Advocare is going to work great if you really want to see a lower number on the scale in a hurry.
    But IMO, if your goals include anything else, you would be better served skipping Advocare and slowly adding in healthy choices to your day.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

I think you shouldn't make assumptions about what people do and do not understand.

Disagreeing does not automatically mean someone doesn't understand.

You sell meal replacement products and workout programs (Advocare and Shakeology/Beachbody). Surely your opinion is unbiased.

Here's one example of a terrible product that makes claims that aren't based in anything remotely true:
    http://www.advocare.com/products/well/W3171.aspx

"The AdvoCare Herbal Cleanse system can help rid your body of toxins and waste with its unique blend of herbal ingredients."

This is pseudoscientific garbage and you're ripping people off if you endorse something like this.

As far as meal replacement products, if you want to use them, fine, but it's much cheaper to get a tub of whey and take a multivitamin.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

Lastly, nothing personal against you. But lets call things for what they are.

X2
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Your attitude is not selling me on the authenticity of your product. A good sales associate would find a way to slide in a pitch without directly offending anyone or trying to question their A) ability to research or B) knowledge base (especially when working in a vacuum where you are unfamiliar with their back ground).
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    There is nothing great, special or unique about what they sell when compared with other brands on the market; brands that cost much less and without the many lies or hype needed to get you to purchase them. With a little research, you can find better products and pay much less.