Who Played The Better Willy Wonka!?

124»

Replies

• opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    There will never be another Willy as awesome as Wilder.

I fell head over heels in :heart: with Haunted Honeymoon. :smooched:
  • Datahorde
    Datahorde Posts: 154
    Gene Wilder, although 'Deep Roy' who played the Oompa Loompa on the New Movie was brilliant.
    *note he also plays Keenser in the reboot of Star Trek
  • Gene Wilder, always and forever.

However, the remake did have Christopher Lee in it. I've been a Christopher Lee fan since I was 5, so I can't really hate it. (I wouldn't hate it anyway - I like it more than most people. But not more than the original.)
  • glynda66
    glynda66 Posts: 184 Member
    Gene Wilder...BUT I love me some Johnny Deep!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Gene Wilder will always be the one and only Willy Wonka. That being said, the second version of the movie followed the book more closely than the first...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Gene Wilder. Love Johnny, but he was kind of creepy in that role.
  • Personally...I can't believe this is even a question. Gene Wilder

I thought Johnny Depp played the character as someone who should be a registered sex offender, but got off on some weird technicality.

This 100%

Depp has always reminded me of a pedophile or something. Always gives me the creeps.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    while neither movie was enough like the book for my taste, both stood up as movies on their own. the original willy wonka was my favorite, probably because i watched it as a kid, so gene wilder is my favorite wonka.

johnny depp and tim burton did a good job with the remake, and i thought the character choices johnny depp made were interesting, but even if it had been the first one i had seen, i still would have liked gene wilder better, he was more accessible. he felt warmer to me.
  • Sarah_Roop
    Sarah_Roop Posts: 36 Member
    Definitely Gene Wilder.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    This shouldn't even be a question.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    while neither movie was enough like the book for my taste, both stood up as movies on their own. the original willy wonka was my favorite, probably because i watched it as a kid, so gene wilder is my favorite wonka.

johnny depp and tim burton did a good job with the remake, and i thought the character choices johnny depp made were interesting, but even if it had been the first one i had seen, i still would have liked gene wilder better, he was more accessible. he felt warmer to me.

This 100%
  • kornaco
    kornaco Posts: 146 Member
    GW!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Gene Wilder
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Gene Wilder of course.
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    I love Johnny, he is very talented, but Gene Wilder was the better Wonka. Johnny's take on the character was creepy, which was disappointing for me....
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    Gene! Johnny Depp was way to creepy to even watch.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    I've always disliked the original movie and I am a huge Tim Burton and Johnny Depp fan.
    So I guess my answer is obvious :happy:

I'm the exact opposite. I loved the original and I hate Tim Burton and all he has done. He ruins remakes.

Except Batman. I love Batman and it is too cheesy to hate.

I love Tim Burton's style, but I hate that all of his movies are so similar. I almost never watch his movies because of this. And I think Gene Wilder was the better Willy Wonka. I love how sarcastic he is!