3 Day Diet, Lose 10 lbs

Options

Replies

• Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. I lost 8 pounds.

And then I got horribly ill and gained it all back as soon as I was eating normally. I completely believe that the reduced calories (about 800 by the 3rd day) suppressed my immune system. As soon as I was eating my normal 1600 again, I popped right back up to where I started. My 3-day diet turned into 2 weeks of wasted time where I could have been making real, healthy progress.
  • KRG72
    KRG72 Posts: 9
    Options
    I did some time ago, for an entire month. It did work I lost 40 pounds. :happy: I have been thinking about going back on that again, for a boost in my weight loss.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I did the 3 day military diet and lost 4 pounds, but as soon as ate normal i gained it back. It may be a good jumpstart to your weight loss journey, but eating healty and excerising is much more enjoyable than this diet.

It would have been impossible to maintain because the weight loss wasn't "real". You didn't actually lose four pounds of fat...you lost four pounds of water weight...and when you "recovered" from the ordeal, that weight naturally came back.
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That diet has been around more than 30 years, and I have to agree it is a fad. It's not a healthy diet, and who could keep that up...As soon as the 3 days were done, people would just eat more to make up for starving themselves for 3 days!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu

Reminds me of Devil Wears Prada: "I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight"
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    This makes me hungry!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds, but I used it as a kick start to a real nutrition plan
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    The only way to lose 10lbs in 3 days is to have the violent stomach flu
    Considering my friend lost 5 after the one he just had, I'd hate to imagine a flu twice as violent.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've tried every crash diet there ever was...Lose 10 lbs in 3 days, Gain 15 in a week. Least that's how my body reacts when I diet.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If it takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose 1 pound. Then you would have to have a 35000 calorie deficit. I calculated it out and you could lose 10 pounds in three days but not with the diet you suggested. Here's how you do it:

Exercise to burn at least 500 calories per hour non-stop for the whole 3 days. No rest and no bathroom breaks. No eating. So you'll need water via IV, to wear a diaper for poop, and a pee bag. Your total calories would be 36,000 calories which is just about 10.5 pounds.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    1) It's a stupid crash diet.
    2) If I ate exactly those foods I would DIE because grapefruit with one of my prescriptions is a very bad thing.
    3) Any weight you lose that fast is just water and will come right back.
  • NessaAlly
    NessaAlly Posts: 1
    Options
    Well i read some comments that were posted and once your done you don't exactly have to gain the weight back, eat healthy stuff, not pizza or any junk food, that is how you gain the weight back, so if u dont want to, eat healthy and drink water, plenty because it keeps you full, and if u dont like vegetables, well at least eat some veggies with ur fast food, even just a little, or plenty of fruit, so dont think this thing wont work, it will, do exactly what it says, then eat healthy for the four days then try again, and then probably on one of the normal food days, eat something good like a pizza or something, but like once or twice a month, and exercise, even if its just walking or dancing to a favorite song, anything helps, trust me, or dont whatever, but dont think that once this thing is over, that you will eventually gain the weight back unless u eat take out or unhealthy junk, this diet will work, thats also why it is called the Army diet, for the armed forces:smile::wink:
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    a 3-day "military diet" including saltines and ice cream for dinner. *seems legit*
  • delightful225
    delightful225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this diet for years and of course Ive gain a few pounds due to the holiday and not exercise. I started this diet again a few month ago. Started at 186 and now I am 172. 7 Today is day 2 for me and already at 170.7, goal is 160. The hardest is my days off, which I finally figured out what to eat to maintain the weight lost. I really truly believe in this fad diet.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...this diet will work, thats also why it is called the Army diet, for the armed forces:smile::wink:
    free-candy_1126.jpg
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!

... I remember reading it the first time it was posted....
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    yes I tried not good for you I got sick
  • keke218
    keke218 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been this diet before and it works. I am on it now this is my second week and I have lost 10lb. working on the next 10lb. but when you get off you have to workout and get better than you did before or like all diets you are going to gain it back plus some. I learned about this diet at work at the hospital, if they needed people to lose weight fast to do a operation they would do this diet and it worked so I tried it. a diet only works if you want to lose the weight and workout. but each their own.
  • gwen_amayos
    gwen_amayos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I swear by this diet! I lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago using this diet once a week and maintaining a 1200 daily calorie intake for the rest of the days. Kept it off for about 2 years until I fell into depression and gained a lot of it back. I'm now on my second day of the diet (first week) and ready to get into shape.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have been this diet before and it works. I am on it now this is my second week and I have lost 10lb. working on the next 10lb. but when you get off you have to workout and get better than you did before or like all diets you are going to gain it back plus some. I learned about this diet at work at the hospital, if they needed people to lose weight fast to do a operation they would do this diet and it worked so I tried it. a diet only works if you want to lose the weight and workout. but each their own.
    I swear by this diet! I lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago using this diet once a week and maintaining a 1200 daily calorie intake for the rest of the days. Kept it off for about 2 years until I fell into depression and gained a lot of it back. I'm now on my second day of the diet (first week) and ready to get into shape.

*sigh*