how much chest will I lose??

Options
ive heard that you can loose fat in your chest with weightloss. I am on a journey to lose 80lbs (lost 10lbs so far). I have a 42DDD chest (big I Know!!) I am wondering if anyone has experienced this?? I am hoping I lose atleast something in my chest. soo tired of them being so big!!!

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Probably will stay well endowed, but everything will go down. I went from about your size to a 36 DD after losing about 60 pounds....
  • trin5703
    trin5703 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You will loose in the chest, just as you loose all over the rest of your body.
    For me, habitually, my chest is the LAST place I loose. I will loose everywhere else first, the boobs go last :)
    That may not be true for you however. A friend dieted and lost in the chest first :)
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am with you! 50 lbs. to lose, a 40-42 DDD. I would LOVE to lose my boobs along with everything else. I had a reduction when I was 21 (almost 16 years ago now!), and I was a perfect D. Two kids and 50 lbs. later, and I'm back to big'uns.

Honestly, I think it depends on genetics as much as anything else. I know people who have lost them, and I have known people who really haven't. I come from a line of large-breasted women on one side, barrel-chested men on the other, and I am the lucky girl who got both. :ohwell:

I hope I can just get back to a smallish DD. I'd be happy with that.

Good luck to us both!
  • kajungrill
    kajungrill Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately if you loose boob mass they'll still be big but instead of sitting up high, they'll probably be hanging low :sad:
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs before having my last child and I only went from a 38DDD to a 36DD(at goal weight)

:( I wish I could lose more! Maybe this time...a girl can dream.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The size chest you were before you gained the weight, is a good guess of the size you will be once you lose it. Not 100%, but a good estimate.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I have lost 0 cup size. The boobs are actually smaller, but cup size is the same. I don't know if it's sad or an NSV that i don't remember my starting band size, but it was 40-something DDD and now I'm a 34 DDD. I wish they would go away-everyone said they would. I'm waiting...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The size chest you were before you gained the weight, is a good guess of the size you will be once you lose it. Not 100%, but a good estimate.

This.

I was a 34B in high school and now I'm a 34B again.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Thats a wild guess at best. I was ALWAYS big chested even when younger.... now I got almost nothing & I hit goal weight before it even started coming off there.
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You will lose some in your chest, but everyone is different and so it would be hard for anyone to tell you just what to expect, you should still remain bigger than most on top but not as big as before. some of it will depend on your body but I do wonder if you could alter some with certain types of exercises or weights? Might be something to ask a trainer.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my boobs to go... I lost 50 lbs (gained back 5 ugh) but NONE of my boobs went. So annoying!!
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah, also if your "before you gained the weight" reference is middle school (IE you've been chubby since high school) that might not be a good guess either. I've lost 25 lbs - my band size has gone down two inches, but my cup size is the same.

This causes issues when I try to buy smaller clothes - as now everything fits but the chest - ugh.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I ain't lost crap off mine and I've lost 50 lbs so far
  • santamommy
    santamommy Posts: 88
    Options
    After I lose my weight, I am going to get surgery to make them smaller. I hated the C's I had before I gained weight. I use to be very athletic, and those puppies stayed in my way.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I WAS a G-cup, but since I lost the weight, I've gone down to somewhere between a "DDD" and a "DD" :smile: I fit into shirts WAAAY easier now!! :happy:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Also your genetics will determine where you lose first. My boobs didn't get smaller until the last 10 lbs or so. Some people find that they lose there first.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ive heard that you can loose fat in your chest with weightloss. I am on a journey to lose 80lbs (lost 10lbs so far). I have a 42DDD chest (big I Know!!) I am wondering if anyone has experienced this?? I am hoping I lose atleast something in my chest. soo tired of them being so big!!!
    If your breasts are mostly fat, you will lose some of them. If they are mostly mammary tissue, they probably won't get much smaller, if at all.

No one can predict if or how much you will lose. That's impossible.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It is all random. At my highest weight, I wore about a 36G/38F. Now, I wear a 34H. So eseentially, I haven't changed size at all. My volume is the same, yet my back is smaller. I did lose another 10-15 from where I am at the moment, and correspondingly, I was further down in the band, with no change in the volume. I was wearing 32HH/J at that moment. [My underbust measurement at my highest was about 37. Right now it is about 33.]

I do hope this trend does not continue, as I would like to lose a few cups, but it doesn't look so likely. I want to lose volume, as at my current size, there aren't very many bra options, and it would get worse if I were to head into a smaller band and bigger cup.

To be honest, I haven't been much smaller than I am now since age 16 or so (I was about 25 pounds less then, but in terms of clothing size, it was only about 1 size different than now. Basically I was 3 or so inches smaller in each dimension). And I now know, I wasn't wearing anywhere near the correct bra size then. In terms of volume? I added some in my mid 20s, even though my weight hadn't changed. And last time (before now) I was at this weight, I wore a bigger clothing size and had a bigger band.

But I do reccommend getting remeasured every 10-20 pounds. Your breast size can change, and you may be wearing the wrong size bra currently. The right size makes you look smaller, and can make your breasts look smaller as well.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 36B, and have stayed that way through gains and losses. I guess I'm lucky? lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

No one will be able to tell you because it is different for each person.

At my smallest, I was a 34D.
    I'm currently a 34H and I'm praying the **** things shrink.