Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Being over 40 ...

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I'm still doing stupid things.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm glad I was not on any social networking sites before age 29. Except that it would have been nice to know I had more college friends living near by, before I moved to a different country.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Well at 57, I can tell you one thing. I ain't going gently into that good night. Death will get me eventually but he's going to have a hell of a fight on his hands. And losing this weight and being a lot better shape means I'm a lot more ready to take him on.

And I plan on making a fool of myself all the way out the door. If you can't laugh at yourself, if you can't laugh at everything in life and all its absurdities, why not?

Agreed! :smile: Nobody comes out of this alive! :laugh:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    i wish i had my youth documented and saved. when i talk about old times with friends someone always says we wish we had smart phones back then.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Oh how true!! I love being in my 40's. No better age! :-)
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    I'm still doing stupid things.

LOL I second that!! I'm there some things never change!!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    There's doing stupid things and then doing stupid things with evidence of said stupid things :wink:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    one time i got so drunk at a Guns and Roses concert i passed out in the bathroom...they had to use a wheelchair to get me to the car and my friends took me home. i have no memory of this...i would pay a lot of money for a smart phone video of that night.

i so wish we had smart phones when i was young.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    There's doing stupid things and then doing stupid things with evidence of said stupid things :wink:

Yes most definitely. ...and....I didn't do that and ah I wasn't there!
  • lithezebra

Posting the pictures just makes it more fun.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    There is still time to fook up
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    I have full confidence in my ability to continue to do stupid stuff, well into my 50s and beyond. . .

And I believe you can, too! :flowerforyou:
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    There is still time to fook up

Too true.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

So true. Plausible deniability is a good thing.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    You'd think I would have learned, but I'm too busy dragging trouble along with me - and I'm kind of loud in a personality sort of way so..

Yeah. I figure I publish the pics first, I don't have to worry about any new skeletons.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    i'm still not allowed to talk about.
  • lithezebra
    I figure I need to document my shenanigans now, in case I lose my memory later.
  • soo true! lol
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    I figure I need to document my shenanigans now, in case I lose my memory later.
    Good idea! They say memory is the 2nd thing to go. I don't remember what the 1st thing was.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    The internet changed everything