Oh great, now I'm afraid to try it. :grumble: :sad:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    and?
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Homemade Hummus is not sour like store bought hummus. If they use too much citric acid it will taste bad. Sabras is the best store bought but when it's so easy to make just do it at home and play with flavors. Takes me 2 minutes to make a roasted red pepper hummus in my vitamix.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    don't eat it then........... although what I would say, is if you've never tried hummus made by Arabs, then you have not had the chance to try hummus at its very best. My own attempts at making hummus are really not too bad, but pale in comparison to what you get at a decent Lebanese restaurant, or even better, if you eat home cooked food at an Arab family home...
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    hatersgonnahate-01.gif

I love it, make my own now. Soo Good.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I freaking like Hummus!

I eat i t regularly with any grilled meal (Chicken or kabab...etc)!!

so if u don't like it! just don't eat it! Simple ;-)
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My whole family (including 3 kids who have eaten hummus since they were babies) LOVE it. I make my own, but if no time I will buy Sabra with Pine Nuts

If you don't like it don't eat it. I don't like mushrooms so I don't eat them. End of story.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    So don't eat it.

You'd think you were forced to do so.
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My mom makes the best! Yummy! You need the right amount of tahini and make sure it gets blended/food processed enough to a smooth texture. Grainy hummus is not hummus. hehe Of course if you're buying it, it's much hard to control those factors.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i love it. i usually make my own. the store bought stuff does not even come close to tasting like real hummus (it's not bad, and there are some brands that are tasty but i wouldn't compare it to real hummus).
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love it...the key is to make your own and use top notch ingredients like tahini and the best virgin olive oil you can buy...

I love baba ghanoush it is even better...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Phew, there, I'm glad that's out in the open. I hate hummus, of all flavors. I think it's a little bitter, and kinda grainy, and the mouthfeel is what I can imagine quicksand would feel like on my tongue.

That's my confession for today. Flame on, you chick-pea lovers!
    Make your own its a totally different animal (or bean) to the bought stuff and only takes 5 minutes in a food processore
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I had some tonight. The first taste reminded me of feet but it got better. If that's even possible.
    Oh my.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love chickpeas in any form- my husband says they taste like dirt. Sabra is super smooth and I'd love to know how they get it that way.
    I have to confess I hate goat cheese- it tastes funky to me, my husband likes it of course!
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WHITE BEAN HUMMUS!

The texture is creamy, not grainy at all. It's very smooth and has a great flavor (the garlic one is great)

WhiteBean-RoastedGarlic14.png

I didn't like it either until I had this brand! It is delish!
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ok so sharing food hate :)

I HATE KALE!!!! i HATE IT WITH THE PASSION OF 1000 FIERY SUNS.
  • batyabentzor
    Options
    Hi,

I guess the reason you don't like hummus is because the flavour of the hummus you are used to eat is from US and not the Israeli one.
    I got several hummus recipes in my blog that could change your mind.

Good Luck,

Batia from IL.
    http://hummusrecipe.tumblr.com/