Where to hold iPod when lifting?

13»

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    not sure if its been mentioned but i got the Ipod shuffle...$49...so tiny you can clip it anywhere...i hated dragging my phone around.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    I use an armband for my iphone. Though I sometimes get annoyed with my headphone cord and ditch the whole thing.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I don't use my iPod touch to listen to music while lifting because, as a previous poster said, I'm am busy concentrating on my form as I am new to this. I do use the SL5x5 tracking app so I just put my iPod on the floor next to the power cage and go from there.

When I walk/run, I use an armband strapped to my left hand so I can easily see my progress/distance/pace with Nike+.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    You can always get a phone casing with a belt clip, then clip it to your pants. My wife moved away from her arm band because it interferes with her lifts, so I got her a belt clip for her ipod.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    I use an armband when I run I never have any issues with it slipping.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    I use my stretchy armband. It does not interfere with my lifts, because it's... stretchy.

Which one do you use? I've been looking for an awesome armband. TIA!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    love my armband. Spring for it. it will stay tight
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    You can get an armband or you can stick it in your bra :P

do NOT put it in your bra! Please :)

This can cause breast cancer because of the radiation...

I use an armband
  • vals83
    vals83 Posts: 63 Member
    I have an armband (bought it at target) doesn't move or shift when I lift. And I'm doing about an hour of weights. I've never had an easy, the material is meant to stay put. Honestly a lot of people at the gym use them. I also go trail running with mine and it holds still. Mine is for my Samsung S III. So it's bigger and heavier than a typical ipod. I'm sure you'd have no issue.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    I pretty much tune out everything when I lift so I really couldn't tell you what was on the gym music system playing while I lifted.

Yep. Plus I hate being permanently attached to technology. It ain't healthy.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    buy a pair of regular shorts or sweat pants that have a regular pocket??? this isn't rocket surgery.

but if you want something more secure, i have a few pairs of nike dri-fit running pants that i often lift in. they're really really light so perfect in the summer, and they have zippered pockets.
  • tomich54
    tomich54 Posts: 99 Member
    I buy the Danskin brand tanks that have the built in sports bras, and Marika Tek pants. They both have built in pockets, specifically for that reason :smile:
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    For anyone looking for a good bluetooth headset, check this one out: http://www.arriva.com/leo/

I use it for everything, running, lifting, ellitptical. It stays put and you never have to worry about it falling off.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    I have a Motorola with interchangeable ear bud sizes. I love it....and it is sweatproof.
  • buy a pair of regular shorts or sweat pants that have a regular pocket??? this isn't rocket surgery.

I just had this discussion with my boyfriend. Unlike men's athletic apparel that usually contains pockets, most women't attire does not. Or if they do they often aren't big enough.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Might be a dumb question, but whatever. :tongue: Now that it's getting HOT out (and now that I've stopped relying mostly on cardio machines--woot!), I won't always have a hoody on me to hold my phone (which I use for music). Women's workout clothes aren't pocket-friendly. I was considering getting an armband, but I've been trying to focus more on lifting, and won't that come loose whenever I contract my arm?! I sweat too much to stick it in my waistband or sports bra. :laugh: Please tell me I'm not doomed to a fanny pack!

Clenched between your butt cheeks when lifting, it benefits form, and gives the ipod a safe and warm place to relax.