Do guys still like girls that look like this?

Options

Replies

• sir1ush
    sir1ush Posts: 5
    Options
    I think that is the point... if us big girls looked like this, few men would say that they had a problem. However, most women that size have stretch marks, cheese, lumps, and extra rolls that are unappealing to most men. Asking if men "still" like women that look like that is like asking if men still like unicorns. It's hard to know, because they are fictional, photoshopped women.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I love how so many people are saying these women don't exist.

Cognitive dissonance, perhaps?

It's not that they 'don't exist', but that they've been specially selected by modelling agencies and represent only a minority of women. That, and their waist lines have probably been photoshopped smaller.

I know of a place built on this. It's called Hollywood.

There have been several threads recently where professional photos of extremely fit women were posted, women wearing even less than these women are wearing, and no one -- not even one person -- talked about how much the photos had been Photoshopped, though it was extremely obvious that they had been, and in many of the same ways: removal of fine lines, removal of blemishes, evening out skin tone, adding "glow" to skin color, etc. etc. etc.

The idea here is that these women cannot possibly have good skin, no visible cellulite, no ugly rolls because they are larger than the typical woman shown wearing so little, showing so much.

I've known plenty of women (like, oh, I don't know, practically every woman I know) who has some cellulite, some lines, some pockets of fat that stubbornly won't go away, etc. and these women are of every shape and every size, even my size 0-2 friend who has done modeling. But if I put a photo of her up, I guarantee you we'd go page after page and probably roll the thread before even one person would suggest she had been Photoshopped to get the hip to waist ratio she has (which is truly a sight to behold and I've seen it live and in person, it is real).
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a woman that has something (Hips) to grab on to...(long hair, hips, ears....its all awesome)
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    not a guy, but I'm not dead...I think they are beautiful, but they wouldn't attract me sexually...which is the point of this thread yes?

this is what I like..

th?id=H.4615939850177056&pid=1.7&w=159&h=179&c=7&rs=1

PS: could be that this attracts me because this is what I aspire to...that is Christmas Abbott btw.

Yes and yes! SO HOT! I would die to look like her. lifting like a mother ef!
  • Vicki_74
    Vicki_74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures, but here is a link for the second woman, her (still photoshopped) but not so much altered photos. Warning, there are some NSFW photos here as well.

http://icelebszone.blogspot.com/2011/05/melissa-debling-in-bra-and-panties.html

I think if we all looked the same, it would be boring.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Geez lot's of negativity here. I think they are not only gorgeous but brave too. I want to be that comfortable in my skin someday...skinny or not. Who cares if it was photoshopped, if they were all thin victoria secrets models would this even be an issue? anyway, thanks for the pics they are inspiring to me!

why cant you be comfortable now?

^this...I'm by no means fat or skinny..I still have 15lbs to lose and a whole lot of muscle to gain. But I slapped on my booty shorts and went out to mow the backyard...and while I wouldn't hit Walmart in them...it felt really good! It was a nice NSV that I've grown comfortable enough with who I am to step outside the house that way.

There will aways be men out there who appreciate what you look like now...hopefully OP you've found one of those.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Oh great, yet another thread intended to validate the attractiveness of curvy women, which inevitably leads to comments denigrating thin women! Well done, OP.

:wink:

What has been said denigrating thin women???? Did I miss something??
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Geez lot's of negativity here. I think they are not only gorgeous but brave too. I want to be that comfortable in my skin someday...skinny or not. Who cares if it was photoshopped, if they were all thin victoria secrets models would this even be an issue? anyway, thanks for the pics they are inspiring to me!

It bothers me that they're photoshopped because they are representing a version of fat/curvy that is more palatable (or non-controversial).

It's basically saying it's sexy to be bigger as long as you have wide hips, a tiny waist, and big boobs.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Can we someday get past this myth that guys only like women that look a certain way? Everyone is somebody's type. If you're a 600# woman with buck teeth, an artificial limb, and a hunchback, I guarantee there's a guy out there who thinks you're sexy without the slightest trace of irony.

Yep, saw it on Honey Boo Boo's show.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm not intending to sound like I'm just oh-so-superior when I say this, so if that's only one possible interpretation you could have I mean the other one.

I was once a person who looked over my shoulder like this, taking polls about "what guys want" or seeking to at least avoid the unkind scrutiny of other women.

It, is, AWESOME not worrying about that at all anymore. Please join me asap.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

It bothers me that they're photoshopped because they are representing a version of fat/curvy that is more palatable (or non-controversial).

It's basically saying it's sexy to be bigger as long as you have wide hips, a tiny waist, and big boobs.

AND>>>>>>????? The problem with that?
  • kajungrill
    kajungrill Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hour glass figures, the ultimate sexually appealing body shape! I crave that shape however It'll never happen I'm a rectangle. :sad:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The amount of airbrushing on those photos is mind-blowing.

I wouldn't want to date any of these girls though. Those girls are overweight to the point where their excess body fat will seriously impact their daily lives, not to mention long-term health. None of them will be out mountain biking with me. Most of the girls in the OP wouldn't fit comfortably into my car.

Curves are nice. 100 pounds of body fat is not.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I think that is the point... if us big girls looked like this, few men would say that they had a problem. However, most women that size have stretch marks, cheese, lumps, and extra rolls that are unappealing to most men. Asking if men "still" like women that look like that is like asking if men still like unicorns. It's hard to know, because they are fictional, photoshopped women.

:drinker: Totally agree! :flowerforyou:
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    I agree, these women are beautiful. I have the hips but got ripped off in the boobies department :(
  • Lovdiamnd
    Options
    Wow this was a character revealing exercise for sure!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

AND>>>>>>????? The problem with that?

That they fat.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Do they put out?

If so, then yes.

Hahaha! So true. I think this is all that matters to most men.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I think the woman whose picture you had posted looks very beautiful...
  • Lovdiamnd
    Options
    The amount of airbrushing on those photos is mind-blowing.

I wouldn't want to date any of these girls though. Those girls are overweight to the point where their excess body fat will seriously impact their daily lives, not to mention long-term health. None of them will be out mountain biking with me. Most of the girls in the OP wouldn't fit comfortably into my car.

Curves are nice. 100 pounds of body fat is not.

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.