Am I bikini ready?

Options

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job, but I if you are already unsure about wearing the bikini then pick something you feel great in. Your confidence will be more attractive than a bikini.

This ^^
    You look awesome so I woukd say wear it with proud

I bought two bikinis and I liked the way I looked in both but didn't feel confident to wear it in public.
    So I worn a two piece swimsuit that didnt show much and covered my belly and I felt great and very confident. Had a great time btw
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Confused as to why this thread is okay.

Possibly because she isn't asking if her body is sexier than someone else's and if all men find it superior?

You must be talking about something different than I am.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    No.

It's naked ready.
  • stayingp0sitive
    Options
    if you feel ready, you're ready! you look fabulous! great progress girl. show it off! ;)
  • Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! :heart:
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes. You. Are!
    But most importantly, how others see you should never matter, it's how YOU feel. Are you proud enough with your amazing weightloss to rock that bikini? You should be.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job with your weight loss! But perhaps save the bikini for next summer. In my opinion your belly area is just not ready. I think you will feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. Perhaps take a pic of you sitting down in the bikini and/or bending over, so you can see how you look a little more realistically. I think at this point a one-piece or tankini or a bikini with a high-waist would be more flattering for where your figure is right now. Then keep working out and eating right, by next summer you will definitely be ready.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would do a double take, actually probably a triple take :) You are definitely ready
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Work it girl you look amazing!!!
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think you are ready! HOWEVER how do YOU feel in it? If you feel like you will be embarrased or feel that you'll be walking around covering your stomach because you're embarrased for whatever reason then find something that you feel good in. I definitely don't think you should be embarrassed, I'd love to have your bikini body!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job with your weight loss! But perhaps save the bikini for next summer. In my opinion your belly area is just not ready. I think you will feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. Perhaps take a pic of you sitting down in the bikini and/or bending over, so you can see how you look a little more realistically. I think at this point a one-piece or tankini or a bikini with a high-waist would be more flattering for where your figure is right now. Then keep working out and eating right, by next summer you will definitely be ready.

The only part of this post I agree with is the first sentence. I do not believe people should dress for the comfort of others. I don't understand why people in North America think they can only wear certain clothes if they have perfect bodies.

I think you look amazing. If you want to wear it, then do.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini when I was obese. Unashamedly so (I have pics to prove it!). And guess what? I got hit on at the beach wearing my bikini with my obese belly hanging out.

LOL, me too and some catty girls said gross, but it didnt matter i just walked over to my BF and grabbed his booty. I'm pretty unashamed when it comes to my body. I want it healthier, but dont expect miracles. Plus, less is always more with clothes.

Wear it girl! If you like it and feel cute wear it who cares.
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    You are doing a great job, but I if you are already unsure about wearing the bikini then pick something you feel great in. Your confidence will be more attractive than a bikini.

this is so true wear your clothing dont let it wear you confidence is KEY!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Wear it and have fun! Also be confident because your new body is gorgeous!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you are in Europe you can wear a bikini with your before pic, they are much more accepting of the body out there (in Italy and France anyway). In the US you can wear what you want unless you feel intimidated for some reason by all the body building, boob job bikini girls. I think you look fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

The only part of this post I agree with is the first sentence. I do not believe people should dress for the comfort of others. I don't understand why people in North America think they can only wear certain clothes if they have perfect bodies.

I think you look amazing. If you want to wear it, then do.

cause were up tight about or bodies and sex in general and we are the makers of those ideal media images that the world now suffers from.

Your tummy is fine if you like the suit and feel comfortable wear it. If you dont wear it then I'll post pictures of me in a bikini in all my beluga whiteness.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Confused as to why this thread is okay.

Confused about why you are confused.

But, whatever. Wear what you want to wear. Most people don't give a rip about what strangers look like if they aren't outstanding in some way. You might get looked at for looking better than average. But, very few are going to think why is she wearing a bikini. All shapes and sized of women wear two piece suits so, chances are you will see someone obese wearing a two piece, so what. It's not about what other people choose to do. It's your choice. The question shouldn't be if you look good enough, because you do. The question should be what can I do to bring get my mind to catch up with the way my new body looks.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look good...and congrats on your amazing weight loss. Personally I don't always wear a bikini..I think that they are fashionable right now and because of that most every woman wears one, but a one piece can be very flattering on most people whereas a bikini looks really good on maybe 5% of people...and I don't include myself in that ;)
    However you should wear it if you like...just don't feel you have to for fashion reasons...I often wear a tankini or board shorts with a sports bra which looks awesome :) In Hawaii recently I wore a sports bra top with bikini bottoms...it looked good in pictures and I felt like I had good support.
    And going swimming a while back I wore a high neck sun screen black top with board shorts and it looked very Bond action girl.
    Bikins are overrated imho ;)
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You look great. Wear it with pride!!
  • Destined4Change
    Destined4Change Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you look fabulous and I would wear it in a heartbeat, if I looked as good as you do in it. A very wise woman once told me, as I was pulling at my dress, "Honey you wear that dress and don't let that dress wear you". I have never forgotten what she said and when I go out in something I try to rock it and the confidence comes through and people usually comment on how nice I look :-)

Enjoy your time in the sun and congrats on all your hard work. What a difference your before and after photos make!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!