Water consumption, how much do u drink?

How many glasses of water do you aim to drink a day? How many do u actually drink?

I aim for 8 but usually drink 9

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    one today, plus a couple of cans of diet soda and a pint or three of coffee.
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    I always have to force myself to drink more than 5 cups of water per day. Except when I'm outside in the sun all day biking or something. I can't understand how everyone says to drink 2-3 litres a day...
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    I am now drinking 10 cups a day and it's a big improvement from just 8. Before I started tracking I was likely only drinking 6 which ckearly wasn't anywhere near enough. I start my day with a cup of water with a tea spoon of lemon juice!
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    I try and drink between 1-2 liters a day, sometimes more and sometimes less, usually only less if I have diet soda or crystal lite
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    I usually drink 15+ cups of ice cold water each day. When I have eaten something high in sodium I try to drink more than that. Yes I spend a lot of time in the ladies room :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    about 125 oz daily with lemon.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    A gallon a day
  • Figuremum
    Figuremum Posts: 15
    2+ litres a day.
  • Jltaylor1971
    Jltaylor1971 Posts: 3 Member
    Does drinking Crystal Light count as drinking water?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    17 - 20 8oz cups a day plus 2-4 diet sodas and 4-6 cups of coffee.
  • Sectility
    Sectility Posts: 37
    It always depends. I usually drink 3-4 cups (8 oz each) of water and I eat a bunch of fruits and I drink some milk and those keep me quenched. On other days, I can drink up to 12 cups of water, but it makes me feel sick the next day.
  • lillie02
    lillie02 Posts: 6 Member
    3-4L of water and 1 or 2 diet soda's a day.
  • I track until 9 cups then I don't worry about keeping track for the rest of the day. That's on top of my non-water beverages (coffee/milk/tea/flavored sparkling water).
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    I go thru 4 refills/day of my 1qt Nalgene bottle -- minimum.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    2 bottles of 1.5 L plus 2 cups of green - 1 bottle at work and 1 at home.

:)
  • Jaine86
    Jaine86 Posts: 36
    I'm REALLY BAD with drinking in general sometimes I just have 4 coffee or teas a day and forget water.
    Its a working progress drinking more. Something so easy yet I just dont do it.

Looking at all your comments I need to up my intake drastically :(
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    According to the Internet, someone of my height and weight (5'7", 130 pds.) should be drinking 10 cups a day, so that's my minimum. Sometimes I get thirsty from a long run and drink up to 14, but it's usually a struggle to get 10. Before MFP I used to hate water and maybe got 2-4 a day. I've gotten to where I don't mind it. :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    17 - 20 8oz cups a day plus 2-4 diet sodas and 4-6 cups of coffee.

Wow! Either you have a ginormous bladder or you must spend a ton of time in the restroom! :laugh:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    one gallon of water, I don't drink anything other than water except a cup of milk for my shake in the morning.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Does drinking Crystal Light count as drinking water?

yes!