Men and Women have different discussions..........

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I know there's articles out there discussing the psychology of why some women do this. Not all do, but I've observed it as well. I also have a different perspective. I'm a lesbian, and among my gay/lesbian friends, we don't have those kinds of conversations, either. Not to say we can't gossip, though.:laugh:

Wait you've never had a gay man go into the mode? I worked with a gay man before and he would go on and on about how only pretty people should be allowed to work and all the ugly people should be sent on an island. He definitely would have sent me to the island in a heart beat.

Hell, why do the uggos get to kick it on their own private island, while the hot people have to work? Bullsh!t, I say!!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Which is why I dont have many chick friends...and the ones I do have are some bad *kitten* bitc hes......:blushing:
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I agree with your assessment, I don't like most other women. I worked at a scrap booking company and I hated it!! It was almost all women and the jealousy,cattyness, back stabbing and general hatred of each other made me glad I am not a lesbian.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think that the motivating impulse for this putting others down is competition. Men compete in other ways -- sports, etc.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I've often heard it said that "women could rule the world, if only they could learn to get along".

I've worked for powerful women, and the level of politics, and how personal they made it, was astounding. They were in a group of three peers, heading three important divisions of the company. Two women, one man, all reporting directly to the company president (also a woman). The women were so completely incapable of working together, and the president got so sick of their bickering, that she ultimately promoted the guy above both of them to give herself a buffer. One of them left shortly thereafter.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    "Don't try to understand women , women understand women and they hate each other "

Truth! :laugh:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman but throughout my life my best friends have almost always been guys (except for one woman). Women can be all sorts of dull, boring and nasty creatures, it's true. Not all, but in my opinion...an over-whelming majority are just catty shrews.

And as far as conversation....guys talk about STUFF: movies, TV, books, music, sports, cars, video games...whatever. In my experience, most women I work with talk CONSTANTLY about their kids, buying a new handbag or shoes, or cooking. :yawn:

I'd hang out with the guys any day of the week over that. It's not that I don't appreciate kids or shoes or cooking....it's just that I feel there's more to life than talking care of everybody else 24/7 and decorating myself like a cheap (or expensive) *kitten*. I've got a brain and I want to use it by talking about stuff not people.

I'm really not putting down any of those topics...it's just that when that's ALL that some women talk about, it's kinda....well...shallow and very dull for some of us.

You need to find some more interesting females to associate with. Look for childless females who have big feet and enjoy playing WOW or some other rpg. They cant talk about cute shoes because there are none for them, no kids, and if they like games like that chances they are a big nerd and have some interests in life other than the mall..

I have big feet! Can we share shoes?? Let's be besties!
    <goes and tells everyone how much your feet smell>

Ya, I don't get along well with girls. I want to talk about a kick-*kitten* play my team made last night off of one of my punts. I don't really care how much their new dress cost.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I agree with your assessment, I don't like most other women. I worked at a scrap booking company and I hated it!! It was almost all women and the jealousy,cattyness, back stabbing and general hatred of each other made me glad I am not a lesbian.

nah lesbians and bi women usually have a totally different mind set. Lesbian couples are always more interesting than a hetero catty woman. oh and a lot more fun
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I'm a woman but throughout my life my best friends have almost always been guys (except for one woman). Women can be all sorts of dull, boring and nasty creatures, it's true. Not all, but in my opinion...an over-whelming majority are just catty shrews.

And as far as conversation....guys talk about STUFF: movies, TV, books, music, sports, cars, video games...whatever. In my experience, most women I work with talk CONSTANTLY about their kids, buying a new handbag or shoes, or cooking. :yawn:

I'd hang out with the guys any day of the week over that. It's not that I don't appreciate kids or shoes or cooking....it's just that I feel there's more to life than talking care of everybody else 24/7 and decorating myself like a cheap (or expensive) *kitten*. I've got a brain and I want to use it by talking about stuff not people.

I'm really not putting down any of those topics...it's just that when that's ALL that some women talk about, it's kinda....well...shallow and very dull for some of us.

You need to find some more interesting females to associate with. Look for childless females who have big feet and enjoy playing WOW or some other rpg. They cant talk about cute shoes because there are none for them, no kids, and if they like games like that chances they are a big nerd and have some interests in life other than the mall..

I have big feet! Can we share shoes?? Let's be besties!
    <goes and tells everyone how much your feet smell>

Ya, I don't get along well with girls. I want to talk about a kick-*kitten* play my team made last night off of one of my punts. I don't really care how much their new dress cost.

you stole my shoes before i could tell you about that nasty fungus I got going on.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I know there's articles out there discussing the psychology of why some women do this. Not all do, but I've observed it as well. I also have a different perspective. I'm a lesbian, and among my gay/lesbian friends, we don't have those kinds of conversations, either. Not to say we can't gossip, though.:laugh:

Wait you've never had a gay man go into the mode? I worked with a gay man before and he would go on and on about how only pretty people should be allowed to work and all the ugly people should be sent on an island. He definitely would have sent me to the island in a heart beat.

Hell, why do the uggos get to kick it on their own private island, while the hot people have to work? Bullsh!t, I say!!

I think his ideal of an island was like gitmo bay private island for us uggos
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

nah lesbians and bi women usually have a totally different mind set. Lesbian couples are always more interesting than a hetero catty woman. oh and a lot more fun

You are right! The only women I have ever really known were straight, so I dont have much to compare it to.
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    I like woman, But I never understood the cattiness. I guess in school there was a bit of that, I never really got involved.

Men are so easy to get along with, a lot less drama.
    We as Humans are lucky that we can choose the individuals we want to be associated with.
    Since I have a low tolerance for ppl in general, I choose to be around ppl that arnt drama, work in a place w/the least Drama
    If anything is ever said to me about another, I tell that person to go straight to their issue and tell them not me.
    It saves me a lot of grief.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    It's true. Women can be really mean and nasty to each other.

But I blame men for that.

Nah. It is inherent and they can be really mean and nasty to women and men alike.
  • _abbie
    _abbie Posts: 24
    Options
    "Don't try to understand women , women understand women and they hate each other "

its true
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Women are very competitive. They don't like to see other women doing well. They are also fake, they will smile and act like your best friend to your face and talk a ton of **** behind your back. This is why I have so few women friends.
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think we all talk about the same things.. Just in different ways.

For example:

Work Related Grievances
    Me: I can't stand Susie. She's always making passive aggressive comments about my work and I hate the way she says the opposite of what I do at staff meetings.

Him: *Punches Bob in the face and walks away*

Housework
    Me: Last night, I washed the dishes, folded and put away laundry, took the dog for a walk, fed, bathed and put the kids to sleep and managed to catch my show. What do you think he did? He dropped his plate in the sink and watched TV for the rest of the night.

Him: I'm learning, man. I care about her feelings. Last night, I put my plate in the sink for her. She didn't even have to do it for me!

Kid's Accomplishments
    Me: Little Brenda can count to ten, sing her ABCs and 3 different nursery rhymes!

Him: I taught Brenda how to pick her nose and wipe it on the dog last night.. I recorded it, wanna see?

LOVE IT! :drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I've never encountered this. Granted, I don't visit salons much, but my girlfriends are the coolest people I know. We don't talk about people. Like not even celebrities. We have drinking games while watching Grandma's Boy or Hot Rod or something. We talk about real-world things we're going through, or planning to do, or thinking about. We just have too much *kitten* going on individually to talk about instead of other people.

I like to believe the most women are this way and what you're seeing is an exception, not the rule.

Exactly. I love my girlfriends, we have better things to talk about than what others are doing.
  • fryfat
    fryfat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an in-depth and well researched study. Where are you going to publish your findings?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    women are caddy b!tches that have nothing better to do than talk *kitten* about other b!tches
  • fryfat
    fryfat Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    women are caddy b!tches

Really? Women always make me carry their golf clubs.