Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. It made my heart happier.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome! I just love this thread. The smile on your face in that water is just so beautifully priceless...

Don't let anyone keep you out of that pool! Just keep swimming, and strengthen your knees!
  • SteviePaige
    Options
    You brought a tear to my eye!! I think that you are beautiful!! I'm so glad you overcame your fear and "dived" right in!! Congrats on the success!! I can't say that I can relate to the feeling, although I know my own mother, who is 69, has felt the same way, and recently "took the plunge" on a vacation we took together. Just think of all the exercise you can get by swimming now!!! And, swimming provides greater resistance than exercise on land...so you actually work harder in the swimming pool, with less effort and strain!! BONUS!!! Enjoy those new bathing suits as often as you can!!!!! Congrats again beautiful!! :)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome day, and an awesome workout with your man! (-: Keep it up, and enjoy the fun.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    This is my all time favorite post. It was a swimsuit trip to a water park in Denver, Colorado that motivate me. Best to you and your journey. Great post and great pictures. I was 212 at my heaviest. Very close to what you mention...I love your optimistic and positive attitude.

Thanks for sharing.

Shirley in Oregon
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous. You are having such a great time and I know from experience that you will do very well with the workouts you get in the pool. Spent lots of time in one after my first knee replacement. One word of caution. It felt so good that I would forget to get out and would overdo it. I didn't always do breast or crawl sometimes it was just a dog paddle and moving my legs. Great therapy. Don't have one near us now. I miss it.

Thank you for the good advice. There is a clock on the wall by the pool. I noted the time, when I got in; and I planned to swim for 30 minutes...if I could. I had no problems doing 30 minutes of back and breast stroke. Australian crawl was a bit painful on my left shoulder for now; so, I opted for the easier strokes. I actually did 17 laps during that half hour. Then, I did some stretching at the edge of the pool to work my inner and outer thighs.

I did discover that I cannot walk in the pool without some knee pain; so, I will wait for that, until I have got my new knees. I don't want to ruin a good thing by doing something foolish.

Ed had a lot of fun keeping up with me on his floatation noodle. Ed doesn't swim; he just floats and walks on the bottom. This is almost entirely a 4 foot deep pool. That is walkable for him.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling to overcome a fear. You suddenly become very powerful. Congratulations and keep swimming! :drinker:

This reminds me of my own swimsuit fear story. Mine is pretty irrational and foolish, now that I think of it, though. I think it comes from when I was a kid, I was very shy. I've always been self-conscious about showing too much skin, even though I'm a fit person, I've never been overweight and I've always thought I looked great naked. But I've always kind of "dressed down." Maybe I didn't want to attract attention or have the creepers staring me down.

It took me until my 39th birthday when I finally decided I was too old to care what other people thought anymore and couldn't care less if a creeper creeps. I tried on my first bikini and I looked awesome, so I bought it. Turns out I'd wasted decades wearing soggy T-shirts and shorts instead of being comfortable and enjoying swimming suits. Now that's ridiculous! :ohwell: :embarassed:
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You do look so happy in the pool and I hope you enjoy it all summer.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love this! Congratulations!
  • thejuel
    thejuel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love this! I'm so happy for you.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    HOW VERY WONDERFUL!!! Reading this post made me feel so happy! I love your pictures and I love the words you have put together. What a lovely writing. Thank you, Rose!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    So HAPPY for you!!!! I loved your story! Thanks for sharing : )
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    truly happy for you! and wish you a lot more days in the pool!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congratulations. I love swimming as well.
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This was a lovely post - Congratulations and keep at it!! You certainly put a smile on my face with your happiness. :D
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    To know how much joy was in your heart and the smile on you face is : priceless :flowerforyou:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post. You look soo happy in the pictures and radiate beauty. Love it!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!! You looked beautiful and have such a contagious smile! Enjoy your summer of swimming!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!