Men and Women have different discussions..........

Options

Replies

• TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    while I agree that women tend to exhibit more cattiness in general than men, I also think that for women b*tching is a form of venting/release that keeps us from exploding.

most of the time those conversations mean nothing and often we even talk that way about each other (if we're comfortable enough in the friendships)

men vent and express themselves in different ways.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am not at all like the women in your salon.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    maybe some what agree i worked in a dog grooming place for 2 months the own and two stylist and another girl. i was the only guy there i never heard that much foul mouth dirty talk in my life from females it caught me off guard i would never exspect such a potty mouth but other wise there conversation seemed normal
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    women are caddy b!tches that have nothing better to do than talk *kitten* about other b!tches

:yawn:

Speak for yourself.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    In my 17 years of marriage....I know more about the flaws of the friends/coworkers of my wife than I'm sure they themselves do.

The reason guys don't really talk/act like that...we truly don't care what other men think.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    If the only women you know are catty, shallow and mean you need to hang out with better people.
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    I think we all talk about the same things.. Just in different ways.

For example:

Work Related Grievances
    Me: I can't stand Susie. She's always making passive aggressive comments about my work and I hate the way she says the opposite of what I do at staff meetings.

Him: *Punches Bob in the face and walks away*

Housework
    Me: Last night, I washed the dishes, folded and put away laundry, took the dog for a walk, fed, bathed and put the kids to sleep and managed to catch my show. What do you think he did? He dropped his plate in the sink and watched TV for the rest of the night.

Him: I'm learning, man. I care about her feelings. Last night, I put my plate in the sink for her. She didn't even have to do it for me!

Kid's Accomplishments
    Me: Little Brenda can count to ten, sing her ABCs and 3 different nursery rhymes!

Him: I taught Brenda how to pick her nose and wipe it on the dog last night.. I recorded it, wanna see?

You are funny.....and true...very very true.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    never in my life have i gossiped with my hair dresser. we talk about travel, local politics, and hair.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know there's articles out there discussing the psychology of why some women do this. Not all do, but I've observed it as well. I also have a different perspective. I'm a lesbian, and among my gay/lesbian friends, we don't have those kinds of conversations, either. Not to say we can't gossip, though.:laugh:

Wait you've never had a gay man go into the mode? I worked with a gay man before and he would go on and on about how only pretty people should be allowed to work and all the ugly people should be sent on an island. He definitely would have sent me to the island in a heart beat.

Ha, I had a friend like that, he was absolutely brutal.

I think a lot of people focus on women who trash other women, most of the women I know are incredibly supportive and wonderful. I don't think that getting together to talk about the few women who are negative helps people's perception of women.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one noticing the women on this thread proclaiming how they hate other women and only have male friends? :ohwell:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    honestly, i dont care what women haircutters are talking about when they are shampooing my hair and their boobs are in my face.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    The only one that cuts what's left of my hair, is my wife. And we discuss anything and everything. So I am not exposed to all of this!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    This is why I hate everyone and only talk to my dog about important issues.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one noticing the women on this thread proclaiming how they hate other women and only have male friends? :ohwell:

Isn't it totes adorables!!

Oh. Wait. No, it isn't.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    So, you are for real? This isn't a made up joke intended to cause drama?

Anyway, I would never bad talk anyone to my hairdresser. When I first started going to her I went because I had been experiencing hair loss. I had gone to my doctor, and found there was no medical cause. It was from stress (ptsd). So, when I went to the hairdresser I was feeling a little bit emotional about having put henna in my hair (my hair was bright red, as you can see in some of my pics), and about the hair loss. When I started to talk about it I felt anxiety about talking to her about the stress (she was a stranger), and I broke down crying. She ended up opening up to me about her family and her life. And she was very supportive about what I was going through. So, we actually talk about really deep things. And other times I just listen to her. She's doing my hair. It doesn't mean I agree with everything she says. I'm just listening. We also talk about how my hair is so much better now. It's brown and not falling out, it's thicker and very healthy. And we talk about when I will be able to lighten my hair back to my natural color. She recommends ideas about reducing stress. She tells me I'm pretty. Stuff like that. Sometimes her dog is there and I pat her dog. We talk about my friend that also goes to her (that gave me the recommendation). She tells me about her other clients and what nice people they are. I talk about my dancing. We talk about our kids and pregnancy and birth. We talk about how much we love our husbands. I tell her about my fitness and weight lifting and she talks about joining the gym and hiring a personal trainer to do group training for her and her friends.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an in-depth and well researched study. Where are you going to publish your findings?

:laugh: :drinker:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I personally don't know any women who shoot down other women. Not saying the cats aren't out there, just that I've never known one. Men seem to insult each other all the time and they don't appear to take it seriously. (my hubby has brothers, and they all do this.)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Way to perpetuate the idea that all women are b*itches who hate each other, and spend their time talking about nothing else other than how much of a hor Susan is, and how Annie's hair looks like s*hit.

To all women who have posted about how they can't get along with other women, it's time to grow out of the hischool phase of your lives.
    Seriously, every time someone says "other women don't like me, so I only have guys friends", what I actually hear is " I am kind'of a burlitch, and I'd rather put women down to get all the male attention".

Also, womenz is just like people, yo. I promise.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This is why I hate everyone and only talk to my dog about important issues.

I like you.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have a wife, 4 daughters ages 18-17-14-12, 2 granddaughters, 1 female dog, 1 female cat. I go to certain salon cause I like the way the lady cuts my hair.

The only thing I hear anymore, not by choice mind you it's a filter that morphed over time is, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....... give me money