What macronutrient ratios work best for you??

Options
2»

Replies

• squire2001
    Options
    Is there a way to change CPF on MFP? I'm looking around and cant seem to find it
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    my home>goals> change goals> custom
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I try to do 40/30/30 C/P/F as well. I don't always hit it, but I try to get in the range. This seems to be somewhat sustainable for me, and I lose weight doing it. 50% carbs (or more) and an abysmally low amount of protein is where I'd eat if I didn't watch, but it makes me bloated and prone to binges.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    35%carbs 25%protein 40%fat I get too addicted to carbs, so I try to watch that (doesn't always work) and I need fat to feel good and satiated. The fat I eat is from avocados, eggs, coconut oil/milk, grassed beef, etc. I keep tweeking that ratio to find what works for me personally. I just use that ratio as a guideline though, I don't stress out if I don't meet it at the end if the day.
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gabinonunes
    gabinonunes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I go with 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% healthy fats and that works pretty well for me. BTW, I recently started using MFP daily so I'm in need of buddies! Feel free to add me, motivation is key!
  • MarkyMark_
    MarkyMark_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Being a carbaholic/non-meat eater, my ratios have probably been 60/10/30 c/p/f in the past... with MFP and being able to see how much I'm eating and choosing different foods to make the totals, I'm now eating 50/20/30. I'm not vegetarian but don't like a lot of meats, so pretty well eating like one anyway. I have a problem making the protein goal each day, without either going over carbs or fat. Grains/beans and dairy are my main source of protein, and one protein shake per day. I wonder if I should bump that up to 2.

At this point I don't think I'm ready for 40/30/30, but one day I'd like to be able to.
  • Whambam087
    Options
    25-30carb/25-30 protein/40-45 fat.