Low calorie breakfast ideas?

Options
I need a quick breakfast, around 150 calories. anyone got any ideas? :)
thanks guys!

Replies

• SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A bowl of mixed berries with a little greek yoghurt and granola on top. Maybe a tiny drizzle of honey
  • Lrmckinlay
    Options
    ok, sounds yum! cheers :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    have nimble toast and 2 rashers of "healthy" bacon and marmite :bigsmile: 114 cals
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    what is marmite?
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    or omelette,or scrambled egg on nimble toast,porridge oats ect ect ect
  • Lrmckinlay
    Options
    it is a Savory spread that we have in New Zealand and Australia :)
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Vegemite on toast! The bomb!
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is what I eat for breakfast (I'm never very hungry in the morning):

Whole wheat English Muffin + 1 tsp honey + Coffee (about 150 cal)
    Or
    Greek yogurt/Fromage blanc + 1 tsp sugar + berries + Coffee (about 120 cal)
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I buy fruity prepackaged oatmeal, made with fat free milk & berries on top! Delicious and under 200cals!
  • stacetherainbow
    Options
    1 egg (70 cal) + 1/2 english muffin (60 cal) + 1/2 c berries (~25) = 155
  • Spacegirlnz
    Spacegirlnz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a kiwi living in London and had to wait till my mum brought the Marmite over for me. I missed it so much! Now I have it almost every morning! ♥ But Marmite is so good for you cos it's full of iron and vitamins.

This was meant to be a quote. Whoops.

Anywhooo.

1/2 a tin of baked beans is good. And around 160 calories. But I have an apple and a slice of toast with marmite with the beans. And that normally fills me up well. All together that's around 300 calories.

But if you like eggs you could have a boiled egg (around 70) with a tomato (20) and a rice cracker with a spread on it.

Oh, the possibilities. I guess it's finding the right combo to fill you up, and everyone's different.
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    what is marmite?

marmite is amazing, literally one of the greatest inventions ever, we have it in the uk its like a savoury spread
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    150 calories for breakfast is not a lot.... why so low?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    A cup of water
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    150 calories for breakfast is not a lot.... why so low?

Agree...
    I try for about 300 for breakfast, around 400 for lunch, that leaves me around 700 - 900 for afternoon and evening snacks along with dinner. I usually hit around 1600 - 1700 per day
  • cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A one egg omelet or scramble with lots of veggies of your choice... spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers, asparagus, tomatoes.. yumm :flowerforyou:
  • tortzblue
    tortzblue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Marmite can be called vegimite I think - mmm love it!
  • WillowBreeze
    WillowBreeze Posts: 102
    Options
    Light bread - 40 calories
    ultra thin cheese- 40 calories
    Egg- 70
    1-2 tbsp salsa- 7-15 calories

I can't live without salsa, but if you can the bread cheese and egg are exactly 150 :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Porridge with fruit! Usually around 170 cals for me
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    We have Marmite in the UK! We always have had it! I am well confused by people not being able to find here! Mind you I hate the stuff and it is always when you hate something that you see it everywhere! Lol!

On the breakfast front pretty much anything with fruit/berries and greek yoghurt on a slice of something is a nice fresh winner! Failing that if you want warm weigh out some oats and cook with water instead of milk!

Editing to say that 150 is very low for a meal. Breakfast is very important and you have probably already burnt 150 calories just by waking up and getting up so I really wouldn't recommend a meal this low in calories unless you are going for a 6 meal model and will be eating again in short order. Maybe try some substitutions throughout the day to allow yourself more breakfast calories?