I lost my baby...

How do I start? I began to be serious about weight loss last April 17, 2013 even if I have been a member of MFP for months before that. I exercised a lot and ate healthy food. You know, the usual. Then within the week of May 21, 2013 I exercised harder than I ever have. I was also expecting my period to come at that time but after 1 week, my period didn't come.

I was to into getting fit that it slipped my mind. I was reminded by my app that I'm already 8 days delayed of my period. So I decided that I will take a pregnancy test the next day. Just a heads up, I'm not married but I have been with my partner for 8 years. We have been "loosely trying" to have a baby. Meaning we're not really planning it but if we're given a baby then we'll welcome him or her in the family with all the love we can give.

On the 9th day I bled and thought "Oh my period just started late I see..." I know all the women out there would understand. I regularly have my period every month but there are times that it really does come in late for schedule. I didn't feel any pain. I don't get cramps during my period so I really thought this was my period. That was May 29, 2013

Then on June 3, 2013, 5th day of what I thought was my period. While I was at work I started to feel abdominal cramps. I ignored it and went on with my work but the pain grew stronger than ever that I couldn't take it anymore. I keep on going to the washroom to change pads because I'm bleeding so heavily. I still kept on with my work whenever I come out of the washroom but my colleagues are starting to worry about me because they can see I'm in so much pain. Last trip to the washroom, big chunks of blood came out which really seem odd to me so being the nurse that I am, I put on a glove and checked it out.

There it was...at 2 weeks development...a round sac...I literally froze while holding it up and I didn't notice the continuous heavy bleeding that I have that soaked almost the whole of my lower scrubs. It made me sit down on the floor and one of my co-nurse got worried that it's taking me too long inside the washroom and opened it just to find me lying there already unconscious due to too much blood loss.

That last part right there was already his story. Of course that last thing I remembered was sitting down on the floor and looking at my miscarriaged baby. They brought me to the delivery room for a stat completion curettage and had to be on leave until June 20.

I admit I have been so depressed that my partner could not even cheer me up. He was devastated about it too but I can see him trying so hard not to be in the same situation as I am. Besides, one of us has to be strong. I am terrible when depressed. I EAT A LOT. I try so hard to stop myself but I really can't. I can't move around due to the operation as well so no exercise for me. That's the reason why I have been inconsistent with my logs lately and have been off-track.

I'm going through a lot right now but I'm slowly picking up. Tomorrow is my follow up with my OB and I'm going to check with her the things I'm allowed and not allowed to do.

For the groups I joined this June, sorry. I'll try to catch up. But right now, I need to fix myself...

Replies

• missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    I'm so sorry hun (((hugs))))
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    I m so sorry for your loss. I have also had a miscarriage. It sucks. So. Flipping. Hard. Be gentle with yourself. Grieve. Heal. Then get back on the wagon. Again, I am so, so sorry.
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. Will pray for you today.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • msmotherof3
    msmotherof3 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to stay positive..........I suffered two miscarriages back to back.........it just takes time, so give that to yourself! Hang in there! It will get better.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Theres nothing that anyone can say that will take away your pain, its a good outlet for you to speak about it.

I know where your coming from, i miscarried at 13weeks and he/she was perfectly formed. Even now i find it hard to speak about it and this was 5years ago.

Do what you need to do to get through this hard time. When your more able... Then think about getting back on it.

*~(hugs)~*
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    So sorry for your loss. Take care and you and your partner are in my prayers...
  • kweni16
    kweni16 Posts: 30
    thanks everyone...i really appreciate the support...at first i was hesitant at posting about this but i really need some other form of release...

i always blame myself for this but i guess it won't help at all...so yeah i'm trying to take it easy on myself...thanks for the prayers too...i really need them...
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    I have lost three babies by mc. Everything you're feeling is normal. So is hope. Don't give up and don't feel bad about what happened. No one wants to hear this who is going through it (I certainly did not) - mc is truly natures way of protecting the mom and baby from future difficulties. After my three MC - I had three health back-to-back-to-back full term healthy pregnancies with no problems. Good luck to you and hugs!!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    So so sorry for your loss sweetie, that sounds so traumatic too. Rest, recover and grieve for your loss. Take care of yourself xx
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    That's so devastating. :( As someone who is loosely trying to conceive as well, I can only imagine how I'd feel in the same situation. My thoughts are with you!
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    So sorry for your loss. Our first daughter died in utero at 26 weeks. That was my worst day.
  • Didn't want to read and run but I just don't know what to say ....

I am so so sorry for your loss

Sod the diet - look after yourself.
  • TetesLorraine
    TetesLorraine Posts: 24 Member
    Oh sweetheart, I am so so sory for your loss. I pray that God comforts you through this difficulty time. You will get through this. Sending you a big big HUG!!! XXXX
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    thanks everyone...i really appreciate the support...at first i was hesitant at posting about this but i really need some other form of release...

i always blame myself for this but i guess it won't help at all...so yeah i'm trying to take it easy on myself...thanks for the prayers too...i really need them...

I think its natural to start questioning yourself, what didn't I do right, what could I have done to prevent this etc. But sadly it's just nature, the vast majority of miscarriages are spontaneous and nothing can be done to help, and they are not caused by anything. You are right, blaming yourslef will not help. This isn't your fault at all. Be kind to yourself and take care xxx
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    I'm so sorry :(

I have miscarried in the past and it's not easy, especially when you want the pregnancy to continue so much. It's hard, and I totally understand. Take some time for yourself. Do something that makes you feel good. It sounds like you hemorrhaged and that is very scary, I had that problem after I delivered my first baby. Blood loss can make you very weak so be careful when you begin to exercise again.

I wish you the best in your future pregnancies. I'm sure it will happen. Miscarriages are hard but they are also very common, so know that you have done nothing wrong.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    I am so very, very sorry.
  • YvonneCT
    YvonneCT Posts: 42 Member
    What a heartbreaking experience for you. Take care of yourself. Do whatever it takes for you to heal emotionally and please, please do not worry yourself, at this time, about exercise, calories, weight loss and all that. You have to heal your heart, your soul, and be with your partner doing this time of your loss. I am soo sorry for you and your partner. You will get better with time. All my best wishes and prayers. :brokenheart:
  • TetesLorraine
    TetesLorraine Posts: 24 Member
    Please NO self blame!! Things happen, unfortunately. I will be praying for you! Take care of yourself and heal and get better, everything else can wait! (HUGS)
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    I know how you feel.
    One day on my way home from work my stomach started hurting...at first it was just a small gurgle...but in less then 15 min I was in agony and actually passed out.

Was taken to the hospital and they looked me over and said I was just fighting a stomach bug and sent me home. (pregnancy test came out negative)

Pain would not go away for a week until I went back to the hospital to get an ultrasound...and behold...I was aprox 12 weeks pregnant. the child had died and would not come out naturally causing me pain.

I asked the docs if I wasn't on BCP would the baby have survived and they told me it was likely it would have. I was devastated.

I still blame myself, but I know when I am ready I will be able to conceive.