I lost my baby...

Options

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

After I lost a baby, I tried to figure out what I did wrong and went a little crazy trying to fix my "broken" body - but it wasn't broken. Around 1/3 of pregnancies end in miscarriage, and they are not preventable.

You may want to give yourself plenty of time to heal and grieve before moving forward with baby plans, as well. I know that I am glad we waited. (((hugs))) One of the things I did was plant a little lilac bush in the yard in memory of my lost baby. And know that it's normal for emotions to come on quickly. A friend announced her pregnancy and I said "congratulations" then turned the corner and burst into tears. Of course I was happy for her, it was just a sudden reminder. It's okay to feel that way...although confusing.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    i always blame myself for this but i guess it won't help at all...so yeah i'm trying to take it easy on myself.

Please don't blame yourself! I know it's easier said than done. Like many others, it's happened to me as well and I blamed myself as well. I had to constantly tell myself that there was something wrong with the pregnancy and God had a reason to take the baby. I may not understand it, however, there was a reason. A little over a year later I gave birth to my son who is truly my gift from God and the sunshine of my Life!

It's a devastating time for you, you need time to grieve and heal. Just please remember: it is NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

I'm praying for you sweetie.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    An Angel In The Book Of Life
    Wrote Down My Baby's Birth..
    And Whispered As She Closed The Book....
    'Too Beautiful for Earth'

So sorry for your loss sweety, stay strong, give yourself time to grieve and heal. xxx
  • obiegirl
    obiegirl Posts: 28
    Options
    First, I am so sorry for your loss. Second, know that it's not your fault. I had two miscarriages (and have two healthy girls as well), and always wanted to know what "I" did to cause it. But the truth is that I didn't do anything; I wasn't in control of what happened. Take the time you need, don't shut yourself off, be good to yourself. Communicate with your partner.

I let myself go during the time I had my two miscarriages. I figured that if my body was turning on me by miscarrying, why should I take care of it? I wish I hadn't done that; I wish I had been able to nurture my body with good food, exercise, and more productive ways to ease stress.

I wish you all the best, and know that there are many, many others who have been in this boat and who have come out the other side. You're not alone.
  • soxfan2184
    soxfan2184 Posts: 48
    Options
    Im sorry for your loss,i know exactly how you feel.
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It is physically and mentally devastating whether you lose a baby through miscarriage or as a stillborn at birth. It is difficult when people say" don't worry you will have another one, or there was a deformity that is why you miscarried." You need to deal with the emotional part of it since it is a loss. Take your time and hoping you have good support to help you through this trying time. I had two and now I still think of it at times. I was lucky since I did have three children after that. :flowerforyou:
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Didn't want to read and run but I just don't know what to say ....

I am so so sorry for your loss

Sod the diet - look after yourself.

Agree with this - I am so sorry, look after yourself.

(((hugs))) xxxx
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss . I will pray for you
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's not easy I lost my first pregnancy in september, and evidently thinking I'm pregnant I'm not according to recent HCG tests even though I havent had a period since March.

Take time to grieve over the loss of your child. I like to think that our children were so delicate so fragile that this evil cruel world was too much for their little souls. However, he/she will be there for you to hold when your time on earth ends and youll be reunited forever.

Cry...memorialize your child. Men do not understand dont expect it. We mother's with angel babies understand your loss and we all weep for you. Lots of hugs.

Actually, some men do...

Sorry youre right some men actually do feel the pain and hold their wives closer and yearn for that lost child. I was completely basing this off my own experience when at 3am I was alone in the bathroom with only the dog to comfort me doubled over in the worst pain of my life covered in blood. I never got a hug, but just a half *kitten* I'm sorry. I've had to mourn on my own, but he remembers his exwife's miscarriage.

Sorry to steal your post OP. Once again lots of hugs and thoughts to you.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's not easy I lost my first pregnancy in september, and evidently thinking I'm pregnant I'm not according to recent HCG tests even though I havent had a period since March.

Take time to grieve over the loss of your child. I like to think that our children were so delicate so fragile that this evil cruel world was too much for their little souls. However, he/she will be there for you to hold when your time on earth ends and youll be reunited forever.

Cry...memorialize your child. Men do not understand dont expect it. We mother's with angel babies understand your loss and we all weep for you. Lots of hugs.

Actually, some men do...

Sorry youre right some men actually do feel the pain and hold their wives closer and yearn for that lost child. I was completely basing this off my own experience when at 3am I was alone in the bathroom with only the dog to comfort me doubled over in the worst pain of my life covered in blood. I never got a hug, but just a half *kitten* I'm sorry. I've had to mourn on my own, but he remembers his exwife's miscarriage.

Sorry to steal your post OP. Once again lots of hugs and thoughts to you.

I am sorry you had that experience.
  • taitmamly
    taitmamly Posts: 19
    Options
    Oh honey :(

I'm sure that being a nurse you already know this but it doesn't hurt to keep repeating yourself. I know it's hard but what's really important to remember is that this isn't your fault. Exercise does not usually cause miscarriage in the first trimester so long as you're not over-doing it and since you're still having regular periods its safe to say you're not. It's horribly upsetting but you have to keep reminding yourself that chances were it was an unviable embryo which sucks but happens. Right now you need to take care of yourself, not push the exercise too much so your body can heal and keep up with the iron tablets and healthy eating so your body has what it needs. Make sure your partner is taking good care of you and be gentle to yourself for a little while. I know it's frustrating and disappointing right now, but I promise you'll feel better soon x
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
  • runsandjumps
    runsandjumps Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I am sending you some healing thoughts. We are all here for you.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Sending you good wishes for your physical and emotional well-being.
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This thread made me cry a little, I am so sorry for you and I know how you feel. I mc at 9 weeks, and had been trying for a year and I saw mine too. Physically and emotionally both some of the worst pain I have ever had. Its so difficult, that was Easter weekend and I am really struggling every day to get past it.

As for weight loss, dont worry about that, I piled on the weight and it has literally been this past 1-2 weeks that I have managed to get back on the diet wagon. I am convinced that running made me loose mine, as I felt a really sharp, prolonged pain when running and I later found out it was around that time that the baby stopped growing.

I have found the 'coping with miscarriage' forums on Baby centre really really helpful as there are other people that understand and you can say things that you probably couldnt say elsewhere.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    so sorry for your loss, hope everything works out for you xx:heart:
  • jellyjojo
    jellyjojo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss x
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    So very sorry for your loss! Thoughts, hugs and prayers!!! Please take care of yourself!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

Cry...memorialize your child. We mother's with angel babies understand your loss and we all weep for you. Lots of hugs.

That is heartbreakingly beautiful....

OP, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take the time to grieve. Don't worry about the diet. Take the time to heal. You and your partner need it. :flowerforyou: