Weird/Random/Little Known Facts about yourself

Options

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    i can't swim

*throws a water life ring*

'cuz I'm helpful like that (another little known fact about moi)
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can fit my fist in my mouth..nuff said.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I cant see somebody struggling i have to help them even if im driving 50mph
    I still feel 18 and forget iv aged a few years when ppl ask me my age
    I can type with my toes
    I tell secrets when im alseep (never get away with anything haha)
    I can't touch wet clothes made from wool
    I remeber everything unimportant even people and can never remember something said in a argument haha x
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was weird but this thread is eye-opening! :ohwell:

+1
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I"m pretty boring, but I can make a "W" with my tongue.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I can fix pretty much anything.

I gave my master-bedroom to my kid to be his 'playroom'. (I sleep in the back bedroom).

I like salt-water fish and used to have two big fish tanks (the nice-tank and the mean-tank)

I've been to 18 countries on 5 continents. (still missing S.America and Antarctica but I hear there's a cruise . . )

I like to free-dive for Lobster and prefer to wrestle them out of their hole rather than "tickle" them out. (it's just more fun).

I enjoy Florida's multitude of natural springs.

I once had three sharks circling me while I was SCUBA diving. .(I drew the short straw and had to carry the ring of bleeding grouper)

I sort my kid's legos (It's impossible to build anything when you have to dig though a giant bin for every part!)
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat off of glass plates (use paper plates).

I hate when people throw things into the dishwater while I'm washing dishes (after I neatly organize all of the dishes together on the side of the sink...)

I hate loose, wet hair (my wife is a beautician who does hair out of the house...so I'm bout to come across it for time to time ***or everyday***)
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    * I have a GED...and an MD. It CAN be done.
    * I was the first girl in my high school / school district to take Automechanics...and earn the highest grade in the class.
    * My undergrad is in Marine Biology...but I really, really struggle to eat fish.
    * I lived in Japan for 2 years when I was a little girl.
    * I have a race car....that I built....that runs 10sec quarter miles times
    * I am afraid of someone breaking into my house while I'm sleeping...so I have 3 big dogs (all friendly during daytime hours, lol).
    * I am a 5th generation native-Floridian....and I can't STAND hot weather. I have moved to the Seattle area and LOVE the rain and cold.
    * I like men (as friends in general) much more than women. Nothing personal, ladies...my hobbies made it so.
    * I'm a Dive Master who was just a few hours from my instructor certification when I had to move away from Florida.
    * I moved out of my parents house at age 16, and have never had to go back
    * I don't have kids, not because I don't like kids (although, at this point I REALLY value my freedom) but because I did NOT want to go through pregnancy. Ironically, other people's pregnancies pay my bills now...
    * I don't cook. I can, but I don't. Hate it.
    * I love gardening, birds, and the outdoors
    * I have parrots
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    1. Any foods that you can count(peanuts, wheat thins, crackers), I have to eat in an even number and alternate between the two sides of my mouth and I have to start with the left and end with the right. If there's an odd number, I'll either throw the last one out or get 1 extra to round it off.
    2. I hate that I was born on an odd date in an odd month(11 Jan).
    3. I hate Math and suck at it, but I have taught Calculus to undergrads as a Teaching Assistant.
    4. I had met my husband only once before we got engaged.
    5. I detest fruit. All fruit. Because they're sweet. Give me a savory fruit and I'll happily down it!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    * I have a GED...and an MD. It CAN be done.
    * I was the first girl in my high school / school district to take Automechanics...and earn the highest grade in the class.
    * My undergrad is in Marine Biology...but I really, really struggle to eat fish.
    * I lived in Japan for 2 years when I was a little girl.
    * I have a race car....that I built....that runs 10sec quarter miles times
    * I am afraid of someone breaking into my house while I'm sleeping...so I have 3 big dogs (all friendly during daytime hours, lol).
    * I am a 5th generation native-Floridian....and I can't STAND hot weather. I have moved to the Seattle area and LOVE the rain and cold.
    * I like men (as friends in general) much more than women. Nothing personal, ladies...my hobbies made it so.
    * I'm a Dive Master who was just a few hours from my instructor certification when I had to move away from Florida.
    * I moved out of my parents house at age 16, and have never had to go back
    * I don't have kids, not because I don't like kids (although, at this point I REALLY value my freedom) but because I did NOT want to go through pregnancy. Ironically, other people's pregnancies pay my bills now...
    * I don't cook. I can, but I don't. Hate it.
    * I love gardening, birds, and the outdoors
    * I have parrots

You, are AWESOME.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I raced moto-x as a youngster wanting to follow in my mom's footsteps

I was runner-up in Miss Arizona Teen many moons ago.

I played 6 sports in high school & was also in the band

I beat my entire lifeguard class (men & women) in the "cinder retrieve & tread" and set the record which stood my 3 years of guarding

I have been in love at first sight (May have been a little lust in there as well)

I moved 2200 miles across the country on a Greyhound bus at age 18 (this ties in with above mentioned)

My husband is 8 inches shorter than me

My husband and mine nickname for each other is BAMF, Sorry I cannot tell you what the acronym means, as every word is a cuss word, except for "M" which is mother

I still have my old Hooters uniform, in hopes of getting back into it again

I am the only one in my family that cannot do a taco tongue & it really makes me mad!

I am not easily offended, but can offend others quickly with my excessive vulgarity & language ( I have learned to tone it down & how to read better who I can or can't be vulgar around)

I sing pretty good, but have to be just about drunk to sing in front of anyone including my husband.

I own 2 snakes, Boss Hogg & Larry
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have to run in multiples of three miles. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, and 18 is my longest run. Working on 21. I plan on running 27 miles if I do a marathon. I will not be able to stop at 26.2.

I suck at math but have a pathological impulse to add and subtract numbers on the license plate of the car stopped in front of me in traffic. For example, the license plate may read LDE1784. I must figure out what 17+84 equals. Also 84-17.

I eat my eggs over easy wrapped in toast, taco style.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1. I used to work at a Pizza Hut and the absolute best pizza I have ever eaten was made using the Teriyaki Sauce normally used on their chicken Wings.

2. I used to have a pen compulsion. Had to be very specific type of pen, carried in my right hip pocket, and I did not feel dressed without it.

3. I've been an avid D&D player for 19 years with the same group of friends. I designed a Guild Symbol and as of last year, have it tattooed on my back. All five of us now have the same Tattoo.

4. I have the Rhythm of a rolling cinderblock.

5. My first girlfriend was a long-distance relationship (over 800 miles) with a very pretty girl I met at a Church Convention. We lost touch after I graduated from High School in '94 but in 2003 she contacted me just to reconnect. We have now been married for 3 1/2 years.
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1. I was one of the few to gain weight, 15 lbs. in Navy boot camp.
    2. I've built several Franklin Library Chairs.
    3. I have a legitimately published novel.
    4. I love the smell of skunk.
    5. I eat my white toast burnt black.
    6. I can eat a spoonful of wasabi in one mouthful.
    7. I'm not superstitious, knock on wood.
    8. My feet are not ticklish.
    9. I can wiggle my ears.
    10. I purposefully married into a genetically tall family so I'd have a good chance of having tall kids since there is a short gene in the family, brother is 5' 4"

I love the smell of skunk too!