• NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Principle Mechanical Design Engineer

Dream Job: Captain of a Private Sailing Yacht
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    real job(s)... rental management for 70+ cabins in East TN... also Cabin Staining, Refinishing, Repair, Renovation.

Dream Job(again).... Opening my Auto/Motorcycle performance and fabrication shop back up. Its a passion of mine and it puts me in such a zen frame of mind to be tooling on cars/motorcycles and making them faster, handle better, look better, sound better!!!!

Are you in gatlinburg?

Yes Ma'am!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Dream job: recording artist

Actual job: beer distributor

My actual job doesn't suck.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    PS- (I've never been the same. I have lost almost all hope to humanity dealing with serving entitled people with over-priced, over-rated coffee drinks!!!)

At least THESE entitled people are paying for their OWN drinks. I work with entitled people expect the rest of the country to pay for them...
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: To own my own company where I can work from anywhere especially on my private yacht where I would have my family and could just go anywhere.

Actual Job: I work in IT and am always learning new technologies. I love my job but want to break out with that million dollar idea.

I always say there's nothing I can't do when it comes to a computer which is true so if you have a million dollar idea, let me know and you'll get a cut of the money!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Dream job: Psychiatrist

Actual Job: SAHM of 6
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Dream job: SAHM

Actual job: commercial insurance underwriter, it pays well at least
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Actual job : Medical Marketing exec for a pharmaceuticals company

Dream job??

Sports photographer or water boy for the 49ers. Or Jessica Simpson's lingerie consultant.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Admin assistant
    Dream Job: SAHM
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Phlebotomist

Dream Job: Anything challenging in a comfortable environment with good coworkers, and that allows me to spend as much time as possible with my kids.

My job fits that description :)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Archaelogist

Actual Job: Healthcare Collector
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Actual Job - Work on a farm milking cows, and run my own photostudio/ shop in Wales

Dream Job - To run an art gallery/ photostudio in Canada (Vancouver Island) and maybe milk some cows in my spare time ;)
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Dream job would be anything working with people dealing with fitness and health. Actual job right now...well I just got a job at Papa Johns that I'll start tomorrow...

I can see how Fitness and Papa John's goes hand in hand :laugh: Not to poke fun, just thought it was a bit ironic.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Dream job: SAHM, with time for some creativity stuff on the side.

Actual job: Tech support for nonprofit accounting/school & church management software. Ugh.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in advertising but chose to go to school for Payroll leading up to my current career in Human Resources.

I chose Payroll because of the money and economical need. Do I regret it? At times but I realize now that I work for my vacation time and salary not for the joy of my day to day career.

Nice thread - interesting!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Actual job - computer programmer, because I'm fairly logical (although opinions differ)

Dream job - retired powerball winner. :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Dream Job - Archaeologist
    Actual Job - Accountant
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Acutal job: Petroleum Geologist

Dream job: Pro skiier

Hey do you enjoy being a petroleum geologist? I keep waffling between wanting to go back into school and playing with my first love rocks and geology or staying in the medical field.

Plus dream and job dont mix my dream is to not have to work!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Admin Assistant

Dream Job: Own a Bed & Breakfast or set of cabins near a lake.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am a respiratory therapist and my dream job would be Superman. I would probably do it for free