Dream job vs actual job.

Options

Replies

• OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Writer or publisher, Librarian, maybe English Lit Teacher, Bookstore....anything with books.

Actual Job: Checker at a grocery store.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Adjunct instructor/English tutor/Freelance Writer

I wanted to become a teacher because of Mr. Feeny and my French/creative writing teacher; the latter gave me a chance and didn't see me as someone who would eventually fail at life like everyone else in school thought (even though I had excellent grades!).

Dream Job: Fiction Writer

I've always loved writing. I have the ideas, but I don't have the time anymore. If I could just get one book published, that's all I need to feel like I accomplished something in my life.

My other dream is to someday own and run a coffee shop. :) I want to make tasty coffee and bake yummy things.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Informal Educator & Program "Assistant" (I run an after-hours program for schools to attend - I do the development, the event planning, the inventory, overseeing the event, occasionally teach during the event, and give various facility tours)

Dream Job: Museum Curation or SOMETHING in a museum.

This place isn't my dream job, but I've been working here since I was 17 and it's literally the only place I've worked. It provides for some really awesome stories though so I just can't quite let go!
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Dream Job: Aleady did it. Career USMC

Actual Job: Production Manager. Its challenging, at least.

Next Dream Job: Retired, riding motorcycle, horses, fishing and hunting.
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Dream job: Consulting > Start my own firm

Actual job: Financial Analyst
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Real Job and Dream Job are the same at the moment- Youth Pastor

I love what I do- working with teenagers and building mentoring relationships. They challenge me every day to think in new ways and they are so full of life and potential. I'm only 25, and I can see myself doing this for another 15-20 years.

Then when I get older I'd love to go back for a PhD (currently have masters in theology) in theological education and teach at the college level.

That or open up my own local diner. I love to cook in my spare time but have no educational background in cooking or business, so that would be the unrealistic dream job :)
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Right now I am a full-time student. In the past I have done customer service at many places and was in the Army. My dream job would be to open up my own dog kennel and no-kill shelter.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Geologist

Dream job: Geologist on Mars :love:
  • johnglenn1973
    Options
    Actual job: Cat Herder
    Dream job: Jello
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Network engineer

Dream job: Physician
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Actual job: IT Project Management
    Dream job: Lady of Leisure

You have my life LOL. Actual job: Same as ^^This (I work primarily with software) Dream Job: Same as ^^This
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dream job: Psychiatrist

Actual Job: SAHM of 6

The latter would cause me to seriously need the former.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Document Controller, the title itself should be pretty explanitory.

Dream Jobs(s) (Since either of them would make me happy long term):

- Personal Trainer with additional background in Nutrition and Kinesthesiology: I love exercise, if I could live and breath it and be in the right shape to properly teach it... heck yes I would love to do that and actually I have seriously looking into going back to school for it next year in the fall. By then I will probably be in good enough shape to feel 'right' for the job.

- Lawyer, youth criminal law and family law: Because of my young and stupid criminal history and the help of youth criminal lawyers I turned my leaf and became a non-criminal teenager/adult. I think it would be a very rewarding career that I would have had a great love for doing if I went to school for it before having a child.

- Web Design or Software Design, always had a knack for programming and coding and loved to create custom graphics and always could envision it in my future but never went to school for it.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Heiress
    Actual Job: Special Education Teacher
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Cab Dispatcher

Dream Job: Long Haul Truck Driver - I'll probably only get to do Long Haul for a year or so to keep the boyfriend happy however, and my kitten would miss me. But then I'll do City, and as long as I'm trucking I'll be happy.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Actual job : eServices Manager for the website of a national retailer

Dream Job: Librarian-seriously.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Current job : Software engineer at a Financial Firm
    Dream job : Teaching

I do love my current job for the perks. Reasonable hours, high pay, mentally stimulating(mostly), nice coworkers.
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Patient Account Rep @ a Hospital
    Dream Job: Millionaire business owner, Heiress, or Lottery/PCH winner, (haha) so I can retire...early.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Current Job: Tax Accountant
    Dream Job: Could be any one of these
    1. Stay at home mom/Soccer mom
    2. CFO for a fashion house
    3. Tax advisor overseas
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a gourmet food taster and massage receiver.
    Instead I work in public health. Awesome helping kids, but not an all-day massage.