AVOCADOS~~!!!

Options

Replies

• carrieir
    carrieir Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. The tuna salad sounds yummy. I want to add avocados to my diet, but don't care too much for them plain. I'll have to try to spice it up some.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oooooo! Love this idea!
    When I make chicken salad or egg salad I use mashed up avocado instead of mayo... it's amazing :)
  • mjk4973
    mjk4973 Posts: 3
    Options
    Having been born and raised in Southern California, I grew up around avocados! We had an avocado tree in the back yard and they actually produced some really good ones! One of my favorite things to eat, which may sound a bit weird, is avocado and plain greek yogurt spread on sprouted grain bread. Sprinkle a little bit of pepper on it and you are good to go! greek yogurt is a great substitute for cream cheese, and it's got a lot of protein packed in there.

I also love putting avocado slices in egg white omelets.
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    I LOVE avacados! I've made avacado pasta and it was tasty!!! I also make avacado and egg salad!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    My aunt made pimento cheese and avocado sandwiches for a family picnic. They were so gooooood:)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I :heart: avocados!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    When I have tuna I use a half of an avocado in place of mayo, tastes quite yummy

Someone else posted this, and I definitely need to try!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Avocados are the *kitten*. I eat them a few times a week on sandwiches, and by themselves. I splurge every once in a blue moon and have a nice dessert with a half one and some sweetened condensed milk (a recipe from when I lived in the Philippines).

One thing I like to make is a grilled cheese pita, which consists of 1 mini pita (Tourayan Bakeries - Mini Pita 80 Calories Whole Wheat-80 cal), stuff it with 1 avocado slice and about 1/4 cup of 2% Mexican blend cheese, use a bit of pam in the skillet, and grill it like it's a grilled cheese.

It. Is. So. Good.
    I heard yesterday about having an Avocado Smoothie.
    Has anyone tried that, if so , Could I have the Recipe

I really don't have a specific recipe for my smoothies, as I usually just throw whatever fruit I have on hand in the blender, but along with the about 1/2 an avocado, I use banana, blueberries, mandarin orange, peaches, apples, cantelope, PB2 (or on occasion real peanut butter), almond milk, vanilla flavored protein powder.
  • Jagkat
    Jagkat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yumm. I wanna try the baked egg in an avocado. I slice mine into turkey sandwiches and sometimes smash with garlic salt with a little sour cream and dip tortilla chips in it. I am new to avocados so I love getting all these new recipes! Not too keen on raw without salt though..
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, burgers, eggs, guacamole, burrito bowls, or with a spoon! :bigsmile:

Here's how I ate half of one with lunch today:

[img][/img]9034687781_3ce9614428_n.jpg

Salmon burger, avocado, pineapple salsa and corn & chili salsa on top. Amazingly tasty!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My aunt made pimento cheese and avocado sandwiches for a family picnic. They were so gooooood:)

For some reason, this sounds sooooo yummy!! :smile:
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    everytime i buy an avocado , i forget about and it goes off! i have one in my kitchen now, maybe this one will make it to my tummy!:ohwell:
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love avocados! When I have hard boiled eggs in fridge I'll quarter one or two (sometimes removing the yolks), do the same for avocado, sprinke on salt and pepper, and drizzle a little olive oil over it. It's great breakfasat that is very filling.

My skin seems to look healthier if I eat avocados consistently.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sliced avocado on whole meal toast with either poached or scrambled eggs on top is a great breakfast.
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :heart: YUMMMY:heart:
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I make pico de gallo/salsa with 1 small tomato, chopped red or green onion, 2 serrano peppers (hot), a good amount of cilantro, fresh lime juice, and 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic, 1/4 avocado, approx 1/4 cup low sodium v-8 juice. I spray with Pam , 2-4 corn tortillas and broil till crispy in my toaster oven. Mix it all in a bowl. serve with broken tortillas and celery sticks. The fresh garlic is crazy healthy for you, fighting viruses and bacteria and a lot more. The cilantro has been proven to cleanse the blood of heavy metals like mercury. All ingredients are super healthy. If I have a high amount of calories left to consume due to a lot of exercise, I up the avocado to 1/2. The fat in the avocado helps to absorb nutrients. I eat this almost every day or other day as a kind of health "tonic".

I also make this recipe so yummy.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have steamed tilapia I make a topping to cover my tilapia.

I fried in olive oil chopped tomatoes, green peppers, white or red onions, add a little bit of salt and some lime, then add chopped cilantro and then add 1/2 avocado cut in small cubes. Remove from heat and put it on top of your tilapia. Not sure if it's healthy but is so delicious.
  • FocusEnergy
    Options
    Such amazing recipes from everyone!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love avocados I put them in my salads all the time.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple a week, just as they are, with my roast chicken breast.
    Love avocado.