$100 for a pair of jeans..would you do it?

Options

Replies

• bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    Sometimes, the more expensive option is the better choice, long term. Ill-fitting, thin, cheap material for $9.95 that wears out in 6 months vs. something that fits well, made from decent material, and wears well for a decade? The expensive one would be the frugal option in that case.

For me, it's with footwear. I'd rather buy a pair of Docs or Fluevogs (AND can be re-soled by a cobbler for a decent price when DO you wear down the soles) that I know will survive 10+ years of abuse than buy some crap from Payless...

This!! All of my Vogs are gifts from DH, and they last forever (which is just a bonus to the schmexy factor!). Quality goods are soooo worth it! :happy:

There are still 3 pairs of Doc's from the mid 90s at my parents house in perfect condition. I won't wear them anymore because it isn't my style anymore than anything else that I wore when I was 14

those things last forever :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Jeans I chose to spend money on 10 yrs ago I still have, still look great and I still love them. Jeans are essential items that I'm willing to spend money on for the right fit and cut.
  • am06or
    am06or Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Firstly, they are jeans you will get the wear out of them if they are good quality. DO IT!! you will love them and if they make your *kitten* look good... always yes! I spend $168 on my DL1961s and they are the best jeans I have EVER worn in my life.

Here is a website I use for my expensive jeans... you get an email everyday telling you what is onsale and it's there until it's bought up. It is fantasic and they have all kinds of designer everything for WAY less.

Enjoy :happy:

https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?openid.ns=http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0&pageId=quarterdeck&openid.identity=http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/identifier_select&clientContext=190-8804433-8877510&openid.claimed_id=http://specs.openid.net/auth/2.0/identifier_select&openid.mode=checkid_setup&marketPlaceId=A39WRC2IB8YGEK&openid.assoc_handle=quarterdeck&openid.return_to=https://www.myhabit.com/signin&&siteState=http://www.myhabit.com/homepage?hash=
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Buy them if you really like them. A good pair of jeans can last a loooong time. What kind are you looking at?

Miss Me Jeans =)

Love those! I want a pair when I get to my goal weight. :)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Nope not for jeans. But...... shoes. That's a different story.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im frugal .........................
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well, my sunglasses come from the dollar store....

I mostly wear colored t-shirts that I can get 6 for $15.....

All my dress clothes are bought on clearance and lower retail outlets....

So no, I would personally never pay that much. But if you want to reward yourself, absolutely do it.

I do pay more for shoes...I like Asics for walking/running.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There are still 3 pairs of Doc's from the mid 90s at my parents house in perfect condition. I won't wear them anymore because it isn't my style anymore than anything else that I wore when I was 14

I wear Docs with my suits to work... make your own style :)
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Dude. I buy lululemon because I think they are magic *kitten* pants! If you have found magic *kitten* jeans - GO FOR IT

I heard about those - the ones that go from black to see-through...? :D
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    You are super close to your goal weight. I would make them a reward when you get there, that way they won't be too big in a couple months!

I like this idea.
  • bio01979
    Options
    Dude. I buy lululemon because I think they are magic *kitten* pants! If you have found magic *kitten* jeans - GO FOR IT

I heard about those - the ones that go from black to see-through...? :D

bwahahahahaha those are magic *kitten* pants!
  • bio01979
    Options

I wear Docs with my suits to work... make your own style :)

truth, but I like my heels now ;)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hell to the no.
    I would not drop $100 on JEANS. A dress, yes. Jeans? NO.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If you love how they look/make you feel, go for it! I too am one to think spending a ridiculous amount on one piece of clothing is insane, but for a killer pair of jeans, it is so worth it! The place I go for my jeans is Buckle. They are expensive, but I have never gone wrong with them. Usually BKE or Lucky brand. :)
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would, as a reward for GW. I'm all sorts of frugal, but give my butt and legs some good jeans and I'll throw you the money, lol! Plus, practically speaking, if they're quality jeans, you'll get your money's worth out of them.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When it comes to clothes, I pay the extra money for:

lululemon (finally into a size 4!!)
    jeans
    sunglasses
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Do eeeeet! buy da jeans
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    I would set aside a few dollars a week in order to save for the jeans. I have spent that amount on one pair of jeans that fit me sooooo nicely 40 pounds ago, but are sitting in a drawer right now. Make sure you will wear them for a while, but not if you are still not at your goal weight.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I can't wear jeans to work, so that's too much money for me. that's too much for me anyway, since I do most of my clothing shopping at thrift stores.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Go for it. But before you do, scout out some high end consignment shops. You might find your jeans at a much lower price gently used. If that's not an issue for you, anyway. Some people wouldn't be comfortable with that. I for one enjoyed the recent purchase of essentially brand new Lucky Jeans for $15.