Disappointed with 30ds Results

Options
2»

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Did you take pictures? Sometimes the measurements don't change an awful lot but the way you actually look has changed.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If I went from a 39 bust to a 37 3/4 bust in just a month...I'd be having a party right now. Someone earlier said it's more about the long term and they're right. But good job!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Yes, I took pics and compared them this morning and didn't see anything. I thought about positing them but I am kinda embarassed.

And rosellasweet: lol ur funny. I mean Im kinda happy but then I feel like everytime I measure..I get a diff number so who knows whats real!? I suck! :O(
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have had similar results with "Challenges" (Ripped in 30, TurboFire, BikiniSeries, etc). Here is my opinion: looking at your beginning stats, you have pretty good curves already (meaning your probably at ideal weight and look good). I don't think there is much for you to lose without your body going into Shock or something. I agree that measurements can be difficult to read- you would have to know EXACTLY where you wrapped that tape the first time (and did you snug hard on the tape, etc). Your measurements look good regardless, keep up the hard work and stay dedicated.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose an inch when I did it, yet my thighs were noticeably less jiggly and I could see the muscles in my back. =)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I love how people expect to do a workout DVD for 30 days and look like Jillian Michaels at the end! You don't get a body like that without putting in hours a day of work and eating exactly right. Try looking at exercise as a way to be fit and healthy instead of thinking it's a miracle cure. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. It doesn't matter what the package claims because if you read the tiny print it really doesn't promise you anything.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love how people expect to do a workout DVD for 30 days and look like Jillian Michaels at the end! You don't get a body like that without putting in hours a day of work and eating exactly right. Try looking at exercise as a way to be fit and healthy instead of thinking it's a miracle cure. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. It doesn't matter what the package claims because if you read the tiny print it really doesn't promise you anything.

I dont think she was trying to look like Jillian Michaels in 30 days. She was just disappointed with the results. I have seen threads on here too where people show their before and after pics of doing this video for 30 days and there is a noticeable difference.
  • Tigg1011
    Options
    Brandei, Sodamnhungry- Thank you! Makes me feel better and thanks for the compliment as well. Im going to keep at it and continue exercising, Started the c25k but started on week 4 and I am also starting jackie warners strength training dvds on opposite days, looking fwd to those results!

coco3382458-THANK YOU! That is EXACTLY it.

I was NOT expecting to look like some fitness guru in 30 days or even 90!!! or maybe ever! , gheez, I said I was DISAPPOINTED based on other's results!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've seen the results some people here have and they are amazing! Mine were not anything like that. However I did end it feeling much stronger which lead to other forms of exercise that have brought more results. It's a great starting point, especially if you're just adding in some strength.
  • Siobhanj77
    Siobhanj77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done for sticking with it. It's a great dvd & brilliant workout for when you don't have a lot of time.

I plan to go back to level 1 & start over once I'm done on level 3 but follow Natalie's moves instead of Erica's.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 inches overall with two rounds of 30DS, but included in that I weighed 230lbs at the beginning, walked five miles a day did a lot of it on level 2. Don't get disheartened by the results, I didn't have much luck first time round which is why I did it again x any kind of exercise is good and well done for sticking with it :D
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    approaching final goals and really low BF%s will usually require you putting more thought into your diet and using advanced methods. cyclical dieting, carb loads and depletion, IF, etc.... Just like 3 day full body workouts only work for so long, regular deficits aren't going to get us all to the finish line (depending on your fitness goals)

if u wanna be shredded you should probably avoid any workout with the word "shred" in it
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Brandei, Sodamnhungry- Thank you! Makes me feel better and thanks for the compliment as well. Im going to keep at it and continue exercising, Started the c25k but started on week 4 and I am also starting jackie warners strength training dvds on opposite days, looking fwd to those results!

Just saw your post on mine :) I was actually thinking of starting c25k too :)

At least we stuck with it for 30 days, and we did lose some inches :) good job and I wish you even better success on your next goal! :)
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) And been there, done that as far as measurements and weighing are concerned. But I can see differences in your already petite frame. Awesome job!
  • Tigg1011
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input and responses! :O)