Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what helps you workout when your really not feeling it?

1235»

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Posting it my friends, here or on Facebook that I will, or sometimes add it to the list of what I have done so I will do it because the guilt of announcing it and NOT doing it, it too unbearable for me.
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Nothing like the crack pipe to wake you up and motivate you
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    I take the Adderrall along with Topomax. Killer appetite supression

The Adderall gets me motivated, even if I just walk twice as much around the house. I use a FitBit Flex. It all adds up Baby>
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Making it part of your routine. If it's just something that is part of your normal day, your less likely to skip it. At least that's how i feel. I have no deep motivational slogan or internal drive for those days I dont fee like it. It's part of my day so i do it.
  • cyork10
    cyork10 Posts: 19 Member
    Since I eat back my burned calories, thinking about how much more I get to eat motivates me to get to the gym pretty quickly.
  • bleja19
    bleja19 Posts: 3
    I feel you have to have goals for each quarter at least... That last month or few weeks every time will kick start all over again to ensure you meet your own personal goals. Nothing worse then being your own failure!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Having my husband wake me up early in the morning all dressed in his gym clothes saying "Get up. Gym time!"

That and the coffee that I stop and get after my workout.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    I just force myself to go, and once you get started it's much easier not to stop, and depending on how bad a day it is you feel fine after the first 10-30 mins
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    looking through a fitness tag on tumblr :P

^^ this. I actually started following tumblr fitblr blogs before starting MFP. And checking them frequently provided tons of motivation when I wasn't feeling it.

Also, reminding myself of just how good and full of energy, positive attitude and motivation I am AFTER I force myself into the gym. 15 minutes into any workout and I wonder what I was hesitating for :)
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    My partner. I've just finished 30DS and on the few days that I struggled to find motivation, he would get his gym clothes on and do it with me. It really helped :happy:
  • alethea88
    alethea88 Posts: 112 Member
    Thinking I can eat more after workout without exceeding my daily calories :smile: