What is the most filling breakfast for you?

Options
I'm very bad about eating breakfast.. and I do know it's important but I'm trying to find a balance.
A. I'm a full time nursing student and also work full time, so frequently I have everything packed, and shower at night so I can literally run out the door in the morning and get ever last minute of sleep possible. So what I'm saying is convenience is important
B. It seems like when I do eat... I'm MORE hungry sooner in the day, well and all throughout the day for that matter..

SOOOOO if you have any quick and easy suggestions that keep you full and satisfied I would greatly appreciate your suggestions! :happy:

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs...

I like to grill some steak the night before and chop it up into 1 Oz servings...then I just throw it in my omelette the next morning.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    a dozen eggs, bacon and a dozen donuts would be a good start
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Coffee.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    3 egg omlette with ham, cheese and onions.
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I just stumbled onto what seems (for me) to be almost perfect, and about 300 calories

Eggstirs (essentially, Publix's version of egg-beaters) - 60 calories for a half cup (a serving is .25 cup/61g)
    Publix-brand whole-grain lite English muffin - 100 calories
    Jones Farm ham slices - 1 serving (45g), 50 cal.
    Borden low-cal cheese slice - 30 (20g, I believe) cal
    Publix American cheese slice - 70 cal (20g, I believe)

And delicious!

Yeah, it's a bit high for sodium purposes, that I will admit. Stupid cheese slices.
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fruit Loops with Whole Milk
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    eggs of any kind......and coffee.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Smoothies: Make them the night before and refridgerate
    Tasty Breakfast Sammiches: English muffin, one egg (or two), (insert breakfast meat here...bacon, sausage, turkey bacon, canadian bacon), cheese. Also make the night before and heat up in morning
    Kashi Cereal: Not the best ever, but quick and semi-filling
    Greek yogurt and berries: self explanatory.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL:)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    3 egg white + 2 whole egg omelet with ~2.5 oz of ham and ~1.5oz of shredded cheddar cheese.

A little over 500 calories, 43g of protein, and om nom nom nom.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    body Fortress Vanilla Creme Whey Protein-1 scoop
    1 cup skim milk
    3 oz. Raspberries
    1 tbsp. powdered cocoa

mmmmmmm :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs with yolk.

Oatmeal (not instant) cooked with cinnamon stick, skim milk and diced apple. Served with ground cinnamon and blueberries as toppings
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Protein is a must. An egg, some yogurt, some cottage cheese ... whatever. But protein is a must. Today? Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries stirred in.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Steak and eggs...

I second this.
  • smw1023
    smw1023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too am bad about eating breakfast and can not eat first thing in the morning so I used to just have coffee and not eat until lunch. I also pack my food the night before and found that I love Bob's Muesli or Mom's Best Plain Grain plus a tbsp. raisins soaked overnight in almond milk or almond/coconut milk eaten cold. Not mushy like cooked oatmeal and I can take it in my lunch cooler and eat it when I have a few minutes. Quick easy and keeps me full.
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    You can make omelet egg muffins, there's lots of recipes online. Basically eggs and whatever fillings you like, divided into muffin tins and baked. I freeze them individually then just pop one in the microwave before I run out the door.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Some like me skip breakfast and start later in the day. I also eat up till 11:30pm which is why I'm not hungry till after 12:00pm the next day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with chia seeds and protein powder. Put it in a to go cup and you're out the door. The chia seeds expand and keep me full. You can experiment with whatever fruit or liquid (skim milk, juice ect) you like best.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Eggs tend to keep me full up, I like to do scrambled egg with some grated cheese melted in at work in the microwave.

If you aren't hungry in the morning and breakfast causes you to actually eat more, have you looked in to doing say the 16:8 version of intermittent fasting? You need to eat more later in the day so you don't under eat on your calories, but just might be worth you checking it out x
  • romerojg
    romerojg Posts: 9
    Options
    I mix a scope of protein powder into plain fat free Greek yougurt and then add whatever berry looks good. It is very filling and about 300 calories. Really fuels me up to start the day. You can vary the flavor of protein powder and type of berry.