$100 for a pair of jeans..would you do it?

Options

Replies

• msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Buy the jeans and wear them often.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When my wife got within 25lbs of her goal weight, I went and bought her 2 pairs of Miss Me's at $100/pair and 2 pairs of Rock Revivals at $150/pair.

lucky woman!!! you rock!!

and OP - if you can afford them and love them that much - YES buy them they will be with you a long time
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm like you with spending $ on clothes. I'm a total thrift store girl. However, a good pair of jeans goes a long way. I pretty much wear my jeans until they're dead so spending $100 on a pair is still economical for me. I feel the same way about shoes. I wear them for years so spending good cash on them is worth it for a nice pair.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Definitely! When I get down to my goal weight/size. I am going to buckle and pickout a nice pair of jeans. I expect to spend 100-130. But it is my reward for the hard work :)

I would buy some now that I am two sizes smaller than before. But it is hot here and I wear shorts mainly and capris. So I figured I will wait till fall and hopefully be 2 more sizes smaller (size 4) by then.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing, I love those jeans, absolutely cute. I want to try this brand, I have a bubbly butt n jeans size 24, but more like a 23 overall. They are absolutely cute. MY favs. are True Religion and Paige. I buy them at Nordstrom in case I lose weight, free alterations, and 100% guarantee. Good luck lady!
  • jaxokc
    jaxokc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel good....Geeeet it! You only live once!
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34
    Options
    If you can afford it, yes. Jeans are one of those items that are so hit or miss. I HATE shopping for jeans. The best fit I found comes from 7 jeans and I can get them for about $100 at Nordstrom Rack, $180+ at Nordstrom (:noway: ), but they fit so friggin good! No gap in the back, stretchy...they're great.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Depends on your budget. If you are using it as a reward for hitting your goal...why not?? Also you will not put the weight back on because those jeans you paid $100 for won't fit. :smile:
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I want to save up for a pair too! It will be a reward that I will be proud to wear. This would not be my typical purchase by any means either! I would buy a size smaller (if you're not in maintenance) and use them as motivation. I did this once with a pair of Levis. I know there is no cost comparison but it was a set back for a poor girl at that time, Lol! I hung them on my closet door and literally "worked my butt off" to get into them. This was years ago but... I kept them and I am working my way back into them! Levis don't go out of style anyway! Good luck with your decision!
  • LisaInUP
    LisaInUP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Maybe if they made my 50+ y/o butt look 16 again :glasses: . Then again, probably not... I'm too frugal. :bigsmile:
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    Can you try on a pair at the store, and buy them on eBay? I'm sure you can find a gently used pair for half the price. $50 is a lot better than $100.
  • taromina2003
    taromina2003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sure I would if I could afford it but I buy most of my clothes at value Village and Goodwill, I love a bargain and I am always so surprised at what they have as far as designer clothes, some are brand new never worn. I live in Seattle and we have a fabulous Value VIllage downtown, for $100.00 I could get bags of stuff!
  • tados
    tados Posts: 68
    Options
    Treat yourself! Life's way too short. Plus they are super cute :smile:
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If budget is an issue, you could always consider shopping at a consignment store. They are filled with barely used designer clothes.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'd never spend that much on a pair of pants.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...I think the most I've ever spent on jeans was something like $60 and to me that was super expensive. BUT, if you really really want them....then def. get them if you can afford it. But if it causes you to break the bank then by all means just wait. Either way...you're not spending thousands....its $100.00...and im sure you've spend $100 on crap at some point in your life. Might as well splurge and get something you can keep for a super long time :)
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback!

After reading all the posts I have decided to get a pair when I hit GW. It is kind of funny since that firm decision alone has already been motivating.

(Well,..cough..I may have forgot a bit when I went a little crazy with the flavored coffee creamer today, but other then that! :laugh: )

I will keep chugging along slowly and comfortable towards my goal. Plenty of time to save up and I WILL buy them totally guilt free!

Have a great and awesome weekend!

Billandted_zps5ed562e4.jpg[
  • Tyesha200
    Tyesha200 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think you should go for it. It's a reward to yourself for all of your hard work
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Figure out ur size in those jeans and surf eBay or used cloth stores. U might be able to get them for a deal
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you can afford and wanna splurge, why not?