Are there any calories you *don't* record

Options

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If I steal a cracker or two from my kids' plates I don't log that. If I take a handful of crackers from the box, I log it. Sometimes while I'm cooking I'll nibble around, but I usually try to factor it in to the end result of what I'm making.
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I record everything, even 0 calories tea and coffee. Just to create a habit. I cheated couple times on the day when I ate out, ate a lot, and know I was way over my calorie limit. Those were days that I just enjoyed myself and didn't want to bother with calorie counting to get upset (I logged in main dish, saw it was over the limit and called the day).
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    alcohol....If I did I would just be depressed
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    If I have a couple carrots, I don't record them. 4 baby carrots is NOT going to derail my progress. I don't log silly things like the breathmint I had before a meeting, either. If I take a small bite of something, which isn't often but does happen, I don't even see the need. Sometimes a little taste is all I need...like a couple of cashews. Not a handfull, not a pinch, but like...5 cashews.

It's too nit-picky for me. I'm more big-picture...and I don't splurge enough to really let it affect me.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I've been REALLY bad I won't log it at first. I will wait a day or two before I add it but I ALWAYS add everything to my diary (Only because I am hoping my sister doesn't read it right a way...lol). Except maybe breath mints.
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Black coffee.
  • bababangarangrang
    bababangarangrang Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Small things like trident gum, 0 calorie water flavoring liquid, diet soda (I have a few a week,) the spoon of splenda in my coffee...I don't bother with it.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum...crystal light....sometimes coffee w/ creamer are all freebies for me.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't record salads...
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I log everything except:
    - small tastes of food I cook
    - things like the single french fry or one goldfish cracker I grab occasionally from my daughter's plate
    - The little bites of food my daughter gives me when she doesn't want to finish something.

I generally assume that the above is covered by either extra activity throughout the day or counted in the eventual portions of the snacks/meals I eat (so the one extra spoon of chili I eat when cooking gets rolled into the bowl of chili I eat when it's done).

Edited to fix typo.
  • penny_lane709
    penny_lane709 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i dont bother to record stuff like the 5 cals for crystal light, a sugar free breath mint (unless its more than one) a dab of margerine here or there. or a bite of something my b/f is eating. I also dont log all the running around/lifting i do during overtime at work, gardening/yard work that lasts less than 45 mins or when I park as far away from the store im going to as possible and carry my bags instead of using a cart, or when i take the stairs at work. it all evens out
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't record if I eat a couple of cashews. Also, I work at Starbucks and occasionally we sample new beverages and I can't be bothered to record those.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i never record diet soda and if i just have a bite if something
  • PilatesConvert
    PilatesConvert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    y'all are more dedicated than me! I know the calories on packages are off, my estimates of sizes are off, calories burned during exercise is an estimate, etc. As a result, I aim to track the big stuff, and do 'well enough' (I'm losing slowly and happily). I forget condiments, I estimate recipes, I'm pretty lazy I guess.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    calories you don't record are called plateaus by people in denial
  • GregoriusPapachristou
    Options
    I'm trying to record everything. Oh maybe not the spices..hot sauce..etc
  • cuttingshadow
    cuttingshadow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually ignore 'Zero Calorie' products like Diet Soda or Zero calorie sports drink sometime. Not sure, whether it will add value, to log them.

-CS
  • Michal833
    Michal833 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My calcium supplements.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I record everything I eat and everything I drink on the days I save my diary on this site. If I do not save my diary then I did not put everything. I like having a record of what I eat.
  • denisel321
    denisel321 Posts: 35
    Options
    Vitamins