Eating through heartbreak

Options
13»

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your heartbreak. Going through a break up is hard.

I am also going through heartache, but different from yours. My best friend of 20 years is dying. I am now just waiting for the call that she passed.

But try this take on it.
    1. Take care of you. Gaining weight is not going to bring him back. I said the same thing to myself. Gaining weight is not going to make her live.

2. You can't control what he did or said. But you can control you...what you eat and if you work out. As much as I wanted to the day after I got the news that it would be days. I wanted to stay in bed and cry. Instead I went and worked out. I still wanted to cry but I felt better.

I hope you feel better soon. Remember losing you is his loss and the next one will appreciate, cherish and love you more.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    Just sleep with someone new.

Always works for me.

I hope you know that your replies to posts make my day hahaha :flowerforyou:
  • AngelHeart1986
    Options
    Any updates 1 month after? Is it getting any easier? I am going through the same thing, feeling pretty down and looking for a little hope that it will get better :)
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey AngelHeart, how are you doing yourself? :)

I feel LOADS better, but I still miss him very much and I think about him a little too much. When I'm at work Mon-Fri it's easy to forget, but weekends are still hard. Also I'm coming up to the 1st anniversary of our meeting/first date and I'm thinking too much about "we didn't even make it to one year".

I've lost 10lbs since I joined MFP and this helped me feel so much better! I've now reached a point where people are noticing the weightloss. 20 more lbs to go. Every time I felt down, I texted one of my friends for support and they were always there to say a few motivational words. It helped to no end.

A lot of good things happened to me since I got dumped, and the day before yesterday I made a list of them - to see black on white what a lucky girl I am. They probably would have happened if he was still around, but they helped me focus on "me, me, me". You see, before I met him I was very happily single and I'd like to go back to that state, so having good things happen to me really helps focus on me alone :)

I've gone full speed back into my hobbies and I've updated my CV, hopefully a new job will top it all off soon.

Let me know how you are hun xxx