Why No Yolks?

Options

Replies

• suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i want soft boiled eggs with soldiers right now.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    No protein in yolks
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i have lost over 50 lbs and i eat egg yokes. i actually made two yummy egg and cheese sandwiches right now:) but i think they avoid it to lower there daily calorie intake and may be concerned with cholesterol. but it has not stopped me in my progress. i eat a breakfast sandwich of some sort everyday.

This. I have lost over 100 pounds and have always eaten the yolks, and always will. The cholesterol in the yolk stops our bodies having to make it, so why not eat the yolk and get the goodness from them?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    i want soft boiled eggs with soldiers right now.

Word!

My favourite meal........ plenty of salt and pepper!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Over easy, hard boiled, poached, omletes, baked, all goodness with whole eggs. More flavor, a healthy amount of fat, and it's never seemed to have an adverse affect on my somewhat high cholesterol. The only time I'll use part of an egg is if its called for in a recipe and I mix the other part in with whole eggs the next day. I love it when I get to make scrambled eggs with extra yolk :happy:
    It comes down to personal preference and goals, but what do all you yolkless people do with the yolks? Do you buy the cartoned egg whites, use them elsewhere, or are you actually throwing the yolks in the garbage :sad:
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    <~~8 whole eggs almost every day. Lipid profile is impeccable.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Because people LOVE wasting eggs. I can't stand people who have no good reason to not eat them. Either eat the FULL friggen thing or dont eat it at all. Separating it is NOT going to help you.... it would be like trying to get rid of the starch in potatoes. :mad:

Waste of a damn egg.

They taste vile. Gag inducing vile. My dog won't eat them either. He will eat cat poop, but egg yolks? Nope. He looks offended when I offer it.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    If you eat just white, you get more protein for less calories which is great for weight loss. But there is no health reason to cut yolks out. They don't raise bad cholesterol, they don't contribute to heart disease.
  • splashtree
    Options
    Yolks are ok no more than 6 per week usually,if your body is predisposed to raise cholesterol you should lower the number but people who workout to release stress ad generally as lifestyle rarely have this problem
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I tend to separate my eggs when I'm planning a big dinner or dessert, and I want to keep my calories fore the day light. Even then I usually won't do straight egg whites, I'll something like 2-3 whites plus one full egg. The full egg gives my omelette/scrambled eggs the right color and consistency. And as far as flavor, I honestly, legitimately can't tell enough of a difference to miss the yolks. And boom, I just saved myself 100+ calories that can mean one more cookie with dessert. Win.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Why no yolks??? I think eggs are sooo boring without yolks!!! I need a good answer before i start chucking them away.

Because my doctor said so :( I sneak them in once in a while, but I've been going without for a while now. I have to use a lot of seasoning to make them worth eating.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yolks are gross. Bleah!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like egg yolks, but sometimes they don't fit my target macros and so I just opt. for egg whites. However, I've been eating the yolks a lot more often lately.

Also, as others have said - the reason why a lot of people don't eat them is because it's where the bulk of the calories and such are (so for macro reasons maybe,) and they do contain the cholesterol (which I've been told isn't a bad cholesterol, but w.e )
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just Break Up.

No seriously, break up the yolk scramble the heck out of that baby wit some salt and pepper and pour into hot oil and watch it fluff up, swirl it a little push the sides to the center and then flip it over and watch it fluff up again.

This is for whoever said yolks yuck. This way you can still enjoy eating the whole egg because they are delicious like this. Not really an omelette more like a frittatta but without the oven. A fluffy crispy salty oily wonderful thing especially in a tortilla or on toast with cheese.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Why no yolks??? I think eggs are sooo boring without yolks!!! I need a good answer before i start chucking them away.

Some people have to avoid the yolk because of the cholesterol, some people have not gotten the news yet that eggs are not generally " bad " for you and the third group avoids the calories in the yolk. A 70 calorie egg divides more or less into 13-15 calories for the egg white and the rest is yolk
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 1 egg and 1 egg white. That way it still tastes good but it doesn't have as much cholesterol
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You do not like them.
    SO you say.
    Try them! Try them!
    And you may.
    Try them and you may I say.

:laugh:
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    For me, I am not a huge fan of yolks, I feel like it makes the eggs too "eggy" (<You can start making fun of me now. :tongue: )
    So I normally do 1-2 whole eggs plus 3-4 egg whites only. I feel like it lightens the flavor.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    More protein and less calories, how is this difficult? If you are meeting your goals then don't worry about it if you are looking for a way to get in more protein and less calories this is perfect.

Egg White - Calories 16, fat 0, carbs 0, protein 4
    Egg Yolk - Calories 54, fat 5, carbs 1, protein 3

So if you have 4 egg whites instead of two whole eggs you get

Calories 64
    Fat 0
    Carbs 0
    Protein 16

Instead of

Calories 140
    Fat 10
    Carbs 2
    Protien 14

You decide what fits your macros and diet better.