Passed MFP goal! Lost over 1/2 my body weight PICS

Options

Replies

• nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was an exciting story and your photos say it all! Good for you!! That is just so amazing to look at. Like two different people.
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    congrats u look beautiful
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!!!:drinker:
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. What program did you use to lose the weight
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing!!
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT!!!!!!! VERY VERY INSPIRING. Thanks for sharing your personal story with us. You have shown hard work and determination is all it takes. You have accomplished some big dreamsalready and I wish you the best success in graduating from your school to be a future therapist one day.

Please add me as a friend. userid:loriwhitefaith
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Positively amazing!!!!!!!
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    I love how you posted this in May and you're still getting love in June. . . BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT!

Way to be, lady! You look fabulous! And you give me hope!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I bet you feel amazing!! You look it!! Congrats!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I have had a history of binge eating and bulimia since High School and I finally figured out why I was doing it after a few years of therapy. Soooooo I had already been eating a little better and working out a little and that was just the push I needed to keep me going in the right direction and to do it the healthiest way I could. I thought it would take longer than a year and a half but here I am.

I think the biggest thing was using this site and the app on my phone at first to keep track of what I ate. I had no idea I was actually eating 5,000+ calories every day. No wonder I was pushing 300lbs (308 at one point). Once I got used to what I was supposed to be eating, it was pretty easy for me to just stick to that and just eat when I was hungry. I also hardly craved the same junk I ate before. It helped me learn how to cook for myself and my tastes just changed.

The last few months though haven't been all will power though. I started having seizures on New Years Eve and we still haven't figured out exactly why. My anti-epileptic medications have been making me feel like crap on and off so my diet has been sort of hit or miss. All I know is that I haven't gained anything back and I haven't binged or purged in well over a year. It feels awesome.

I just watched a video I made 11 weeks into my weight loss journey that was made as a message to my future self for when I hit my goal weight. It could have been watched over the weekend but I wasn't reminded of it until tonight. I cried when I made the video and I cried when I watched it. I can't believe I've lost over 1/2 my body weight since December 2011 . . . I really can't. From 298 to 146. A size 22-26/4X (I think) to a 6-8/S now.

Thank you to everyone that has been here for me this entire time. You've been more help this last year and a half than you may realize.

946914_652669841417058_1700525442_n.jpg

945649_652669804750395_1439069130_n.jpg

I've heard/seen people say that everyone looks so crappy in their before pictures and then dresses all up in their after pictures so they look even better . . . so here I am. Lookin' like *kitten* and lookin' like *kitten* tired. :) My pants are fluffy and my tummy is not. This makes me happy.

To add:

Do I have extra skin?
    Hell to the **** yes, I do. It's tightening up slowly though. I guess that's a perk to being 26 and well hydrated?

What did I eat?
    Whatever the **** I wanted. Just smaller amounts. Once my tastes changed, a lot of the junk made it's way out on it's own.

What exercises did I do?
    I used to run. A lot. I also used to use a book called Convict Conditioning. Now I mainly just walk to and from work and then walk on my breaks. I also go to the amusement park in town and run around like an idiot on weekends.

What advice can I give?
    Don't give up on yourself. Ever. Just don't. Trust me. I ****ed up a lot and I still do. It's normal. Just bounce back from it and don't let it be the end of you. Find yourself a support system. Post about it all over your facebook if you want . . . that's what I did. The more you put yourself out there: the more likely you are to keep up with it rather than slip back or become a recluse. Also, make a video to your future self. I cried watching it tonight and even just seeing the file on my desktop every now and then knowing I couldn't let myself watch it until I hit my goal would push me sometimes.

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!! LOOK AT YOU BEAUTIFUL!!!!! YOU DID IT AND I WILL TOO TY FOR REMINDING ME ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE *crying* xoxo
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are an Inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    inspirational!
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • positivevibe1967
    positivevibe1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You did awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing your story....MOtivation!!!!:happy:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    wow!! amazing! thanks for sharing!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Very well done!! You look amazing!! And the idea with the video is genius!! You rock!!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!